honestly i have several problems with my alienware laptop

Go to solution Solved by NumLock21,
3 minutes ago, DarthCoder94 said:

I still want to keep this thread open a little longer. I still believe that there is at least a way to diagnose it and find what part is making problems.

Random problems don't have any way to find out what's causing it. You can start with ram and storage and see if that does anything or remove the battery and change your power adapter. Anything beyond that, then consider if you still want to spend the time and money trying to find out what's causing the problem. Your better off getting a new laptop after that point.

Updating the bios is a place to start

I own an Alienware 14 (2013)

I have a series of problems with it. The problems started to appear one after another. I’ll try as much as possible to state the problems in order of occurrence but I don't remember the time gap between each issue. The first issue might have occurred around 2 years ago. I took it to several places to diagnose the issues, but it seems no one here can test it very well. If there is anything missing tell me and I'll respond and edit this post. So here are my problems:

1-whenever I sleep my laptop. It goes to sleep mode successfully. But whenever i wake it up from sleep. The laptop shuts down and starts up again. In event viewer, i get kernel-power event 41 task category(61)

eventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

sleepInProgress 4

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 0

Checkpoint 0

ConnectedStandbyInProgress flase

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 5

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

2-my alienware command center stop responding when i change my laptop led. If i select a color that i want and apply it. A notification appears that it is setting the new color but nothing changes. Also whenever i startup my laptop the led changes randomly

3-sometimes when i start my laptop the touchpad doesn't work and it is also in my luck if i start my laptop and the touchpad works. This problem occurs randomly.

4. Sometimes i have some problems with my intel management engine interface. It says in the device properties that the device it not working probably. This problem also occurs randomly.

5. Sometimes while my laptop is connected with the power. It randomly disconnects and reconnects. This problem occurs rarely

I tried fixing the problem by changing the OS to windows 7 and 8 but still the same issues. now im at windows 10 creators update

This is my service tag: JNMGXY1

My laptop specs can be found in the link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4/product-support/servicetag/JNMGXY1/configuration

Bios version: A09

OS version: Windows 10 creators update

Edited by DarthCoder94

HOLY SHIT DONT TYPE IN BOLD

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Jrock said:

HOLY SHIT DONT TYPE IN BOLD

I wrote it in google docs first then copied and paste xD

Just now, DarthCoder94 said:

Oh damn that sucks

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

2 minutes ago, DarthCoder94 said:

Protip

Control A, click B on the title bar

Save changes

Your welcome

It might be the OS isn't playing nice with your hardware or your board is faulty.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Protip

Control A, click B on the title bar

Save changes

Your welcome

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Oh damn that sucks

I already fixed it

I already fixed it

The OS might not be playing nice with your hardware or your board has problems.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

The OS might not be playing nice with your hardware or your board has problems.

I tried fixing the problem using windows 7 and windows 8

I tried fixing the problem using windows 7 and windows 8

You're running Win10 creators update. What was the original OS that came with this machine?

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

You're running Win10 creators update. What was the original OS that came with this machine?

windows 8. like i said i reinstalled windows and tried fixing the problem no use

7 minutes ago, DarthCoder94 said:

windows 8. like i said i reinstalled windows and tried fixing the problem no use

Then there is something wrong with your hardware. Trying to find which piece exactly will be a expensive and time consuming process. In the end, the better option would be to just grab a new laptop.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Then there is something wrong with your hardware. Trying to find which piece exactly will be a expensive and time consuming. In the end, the better option would be to just grab a new laptop.

I still want to keep this thread open a little longer. I still believe that there is at least a way to diagnose it and find what part is making problems.

3 minutes ago, DarthCoder94 said:

Random problems don't have any way to find out what's causing it. You can start with ram and storage and see if that does anything or remove the battery and change your power adapter. Anything beyond that, then consider if you still want to spend the time and money trying to find out what's causing the problem. Your better off getting a new laptop after that point.

Updating the bios is a place to start

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

A lot of these issues kind of point towards the motherboard being a little off, I can't think of any other component that would result in these issues. Could be a BIOS issue, maybe corrupt, not saying that is certain though - just a thought.

You said that you reinstalled Windows a few times, did you reinstall the correct drivers? 

1 minute ago, Celios said:

A lot of these issues kind of point towards the motherboard being a little off, I can't think of any other component that would result in these issues. Could be a BIOS issue, maybe corrupt, not saying that is certain though - just a thought.

You said that you reinstalled Windows a few times, did you reinstall the correct drivers? 

i did install the correct drivers each time. i might try reinstalling the bios but ill do it tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, DarthCoder94 said:

i did install the correct drivers each time. i might try reinstalling the bios but ill do it tomorrow. 

Yes, but be careful when updating the BIOS. Make sure the power on the laptop doesn't go out otherwise you could be dealing with a dead board.

11 hours ago, Celios said:

Yes, but be careful when updating the BIOS. Make sure the power on the laptop doesn't go out otherwise you could be dealing with a dead board.

ive reinstalled the bios and the led and sleep problems are not fixed. other problems i need to use it for a while to check them

5 hours ago, DarthCoder94 said:

ive reinstalled the bios and the led and sleep problems are not fixed. other problems i need to use it for a while to check them

Reinstalled the BIOS? Do you mean you have updated it with the latest version?

On 5/2/2017 at 6:51 PM, Celios said:

Reinstalled the BIOS? Do you mean you have updated it with the latest version?

yes and the problem is not fixed.

conclusion: im better off getting a new laptop.