How long till the PC will be emulating the PS4

Ultimate_PIMP

So the PS4 just came out, and I'm pretty positive one day in the near future the PC will be emulating it.

How long do you guys think it will take?

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Never?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

a year

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

So the PS4 just came out, and I'm pretty positive one day in the near future the PC will be emulating it.

How long do you guys think it will take?

I'll call it 9 months. Wait for that PS4 baby to grow before the master race takes advantage of it.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

It's one thing to emulate something outdated, it's another to emulate a brand new system.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Never?

Well because it's X86 theres no reason that a "hacker" couldn't get it to work. 

Not to mention that Kaveri APU's will be able to utilize HSA, Which is the main thing that seperates the ps4 from the pc

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Within a year there will be SOME form of it "working" as in, it run's basic functionality.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

its x86 architecture using cut down PC hardware there is no reason for there not to be an emulator except for legal reasons 

this is what i meant.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't see why you would want to emulate it other than exclusives. Also, you'd have to buy a optical drive if you don't have one.

I don't see why you would want to emulate it other than exclusives. Also, you'd have to buy a optical drive if you don't have one.

Why would you need a optical drive?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

ISOs?

It could do it right now, but Sony won't allow it. Never thus.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Mainly only for exclusives. Just incase there's a "The Last of Us" sequal. 

I emulate using disks so it's pretty much legal.

Legal stuff shouldn't matter.

Plenty of ways to emulate a optical drive virtually like ISO's with daemon tools and others, so an optical drive isn't needed if it even requires emulation of a drive to make it work.

I emulate using disks so it's pretty much legal.

LOL "pretty much legal"  I really don't know what to think about the time-frame, yeah it is x86, but the UMA is also a totally different architecture then on a PC.  I don't know how difficult it would be to emulate.

legal reasons do not matter nobody cares when it comes to emulators 

ok. i guess i could care less about emulators in general :P

Specs of my PC:

Contary to popular belief, it is actually not necessarily true that these consoles will be any easier to emulate than their predecessors.

The original Xbox used an x86 CPU, yet remains one of the most difficult consoles to emulate. As far as I am aware infact it is yet to be emulated successfully.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Around 5 years.

I say this simply because an emulator, running on top of an operating system, running a virtual machine-type application with a game console, with all the hardware performance and graphic optimizations will require a lot of overhead processing power and a long development period to not only getting it working with the dashboard-interface, but to get it running games at the same frame-rate and visuals as the actual hardware.

Every graphical optimization they make not only to the system but what developers make to specific games will be tuned specifically for that hardware, essentially you're going to have to emulate all those improvements, tweaks and even workarounds to get many games working. This'll involve constant tweaking to whatever virtual driver is used to talk to the GPU, they'll also likely run into compatibility problems going between GPU vendors/platforms (AMD -> Nvidia), especially if they need to re-implement many of these workarounds developers write for a console GPU to squeeze the performance out of the console hardware.