Random Hidden Files being created in several folders and drives

Grandad

I'm getting mysterious random hidden folders in multiple locations in Windows Explorer - Documents folder, C Drive, D Drive, possibly more. Each folder contains several files with random real word file names - see screenshots. Several types of files are includes including JPG, DOC, XLS, RTD, Open Office. However when I open any of the files they contain no contents and are blank files. If I delete any of the folders they somehow recreate themselves soon after - this time with different random file names...

Can anybody tell me what's going on? Is this a virus or something malicious? What can I do about this? (I've already scanned with my antivirus).

Thanks!!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Looks like a classic trojan to me, in the past they sometimes are almost impossible to remove without a fresh format and today with them being planted in like the BIOS/RAM?general firmware, you seem to be fucked.

Right click any of the files then click on properties then hit the details tab and look at the associations to see if you can trace it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

54 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Looks like a classic trojan to me, in the past they sometimes are almost impossible to remove without a fresh format and today with them being planted in like the BIOS/RAM?general firmware, you seem to be fucked.

Right click any of the files then click on properties then hit the details tab and look at the associations to see if you can trace it.

I tried that with a few of the files...there's no associations property??

Screenshot_1.png

49 minutes ago, NotTayyeb said:

Download the trial version of malwarebytes and let that run a scan - maybe it'll pick something up and nuke it

I'll try that and see what it finds! I've often heard of Malwarebytes but never used it!

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I tried that with a few of the files...there's no associations property??

Screenshot_1.png

It also shows that it isn't digitally signed which is bad IMO. Did you install open office on another PC? Is this windows 10 you are on?

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

It also shows that it isn't digitally signed which is bad IMO. Did you install open office on another PC? Is this windows 10 you are on?

How can you tell that it isn't digitally signed from the screenshot? Nope I didn't install open office on either this PC or another one. Yes I'm on Windows 10.

Here's the results of the scan. I'll quarantine all of these.

Screenshot_1.png

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

How can you tell that it isn't digitally signed from the screenshot? Nope I didn't install open office on either this PC or another one. Yes I'm on Windows 10.

The digitally signed because the Owner is Administrators and not what ever your PC's name is this is a classic sign of a replicating trojan and from viewing the picture you just posted, it is from freegamingwonderworld.com and i am sure you are the one that installed this trojan on your own PC. Let me guess you were DLing hacks?...if you were then it servers you right!...if not stop clicking on shit that says FREE, the internet has become as safe as licking a public toilet seat.

you've got PUPs! what did you install recently? check your installed list. it's not impossible to remove these but difficult sometimes. take a screenshot of your msconfig/services tab/check hide all microsoft services and let us see!

• 4 years later...

my system just got this same virus and no updated antivirus and internet security softwares can detect it , what should I do now??? did you solve that problem???