1050 TI sc/ssc?

Not so Guru

Hi readers,

I'm trying to upgrade my GPU from HD7850 to 1050 TI SC or SSC.

Now I know the fact that SC is super clocked and ssc is super super clocked.

So question:

1. Some people say HD7850 to 1050 TI is not an upgrade. However, considering the driver issues and all isn't worth it? Obviously to play games

2. So SC and SSC is factory over-clocked. Is it possible to get like regular 1050 TI and overclock it to SC or SSC point?

An RX 570 would be a better upgrade, it's much faster and only a bit more expensive. 

As for your questions:

1) It's a decent upgrade, but not really worthwhile imo (to a 1050Ti). What kind of driver issues are you having? 

2) Yes. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm really trying to cut the price. From Newegg currently SSC is $129. Even with currency, it's still cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Not so Guru said:

I'm really trying to cut the price. From Newegg currently SSC is $129. Even with currency, it's still cheaper.

A 470/570 is still much faster and usually aren't that much more expensive. But what kind of driver issues are you currently having? 

To answer your second question, yes, you can just overclock any GPU. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Not so Guru said:

Honestly, I don't feel the 1050 is a big enough upgrade for the money. If, money is a conern I would save a big until you can get something bigger and badder. 

Just now, striker477 said:

Honestly, I don't feel the 1050 is a big enough upgrade for the money. If, money is a conern I would save a big until you can get something bigger and badder. 

Honestly, at dat time my wifey would use all my paypal credit xD

1 minute ago, Not so Guru said:

Honestly, at dat time my wifey would use all my paypal credit xD

xD wives tend to be very good about spending money aren't they? 

Just now, striker477 said:

xD wives tend to be very good about spending money aren't they? 

Cant agree more.

So back to first question, performance wise it might not be such an upgrade for the support wise is it worth it?

Basically I'm trying to get Nier

18 minutes ago, Not so Guru said:

Cant agree more.

So back to first question, performance wise it might not be such an upgrade for the support wise is it worth it?

Basically I'm trying to get Nier

Well because it is a graphics card that is about 4-5 years newer it definitely would probably have better support. But, in terms of a performance gain I feel the increase will be somewhat negligible. Whether or not It's worth it is up to you, I just think me personally I would hold off until I could afford something even better. 

2 minutes ago, striker477 said:

Well because it is a graphics card that is about 4-5 years newer it definitely would probably have better support. But, in terms of a performance gain I feel the increase will be somewhat negligible. Whether or not It's worth it is up to you, I just think me personally I would hold off until I could afford something even better. 

It isn't worth it. An extra 2 FPS or so? Just shell out the extra $20 bucks for something that will make a difference. If you're worried about the wife seeing an extra charge on a joint debit/credit card, go to Walmart, the corner store, wherever, buy a Paypal card for $3, load whatever the difference is between the cost and your PP credit, and 470/570, then buy it. Wife never sees any charge on the personal accounts (because there were none), save a copy of the transaction to another folder, delete it from normal records in case she happens to check, and you're all set.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

17 hours ago, Not so Guru said:

hmm ok... can my vid card play Nier Automata?

You won't be able to 60fps it at max settings or anything crazy but, from the videos I saw you should have no problem running it at a lower setting and probably 40-50ish fps. You can always try it out on steam and if your not satisfied with your performance. you have up to 2 hours you can play a game and still be able to return it for a full refund.