Create game connection ping?

smjpl

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone knows about trying to create connection ping for a game. I have found a decent solution already but there is a problem with it.

http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-ping (you have to manually enter IP address to ping but game is constantly changing server).

Is there a easy way to monitor the IP addresses that use a specific port number and then do ping tests on it. This way whichever server will access that port, then the program will take note of that IP address and perform a ping to it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking more along the lines of writing some kind of Python or maybe a Powershell script for example.

You can run the netstat command (both on Linux and Windows machines), and try to catch its output somehow. This command will give you all the incoming and outgoing connections (with IP and port number).

This of course only works if the port number always stays the same, or if you make it check a specific set of ports.

I'm just trying to give you a rough idea here, as i don't know how it can be implemented exactly  :D .

I think the script shouldn't be too complicated, maybe 20-30 lines at most.

Hope this helps  :) .

• 3 weeks later...