Wireless phonecharger?

Go to solution Solved by chaozbandit,

Google's Nexus line of devices have their own series of wireless chargers from the Play store, though they tend to be kind of expensive. I've personally ordered (and it just arrived) a qi wireless charger for my upcoming Nexus 5 (any qi certified charging device should work).

Getting a Nexus 5 later this year and I just realized that it supports wireless charging, does anyone have any experiences with wireless charging? Is it any good? Any models that you would recommend?

its slower then wired charging, but assuming you would have a pad next to your bed, you just put it on at night and it will be fine. 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

The advantages with wireless chargers is that they normally automatically stop the charging once the device is fully charged. It also looks cool. I believe Energizer make a quite good wireless charger.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I have the powermat and use it with my phones..

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I wanted to ask the same question about the Nexus 5. I believe Google is coming out with one, however when they came out with the Nexus 4 charger it took ages before it was available. I am tempted to just go with a third party option. What I have noticed is some don't use USB, some make sounds while charging, and some cause unnecessary heat. You have to really look around. 

I have the powermat and use it with my phones..

Had a look at that, do you think it would be unnecessary for just one phone?

i know google have made a wirless charger pad but they have to release it

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

Google's Nexus line of devices have their own series of wireless chargers from the Play store, though they tend to be kind of expensive. I've personally ordered (and it just arrived) a qi wireless charger for my upcoming Nexus 5 (any qi certified charging device should work).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I wanted to ask the same question about the Nexus 5. I believe Google is coming out with one, however when they came out with the Nexus 4 charger it took ages before it was available. I am tempted to just go with a third party option. What I have noticed is some don't use USB, some make sounds while charging, and some cause unnecessary heat. You have to really look around. 

Had a look at that, do you think it would be unnecessary for just one phone?

they have a one phone version

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Where did you order your one from? I can't find it. Can you post a link?

Where did you order your one from? I can't find it. Can you post a link?

Whoops thought I send a link. Anywho, here ya go. Pretty sure they have a UK link as well:

http://ca.cellphoneshop.net/qitransmitter.html

It's build pretty decently and is pretty thin and wide and stuff. Charging distance of 4~10mm.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Whoops thought I send a link. Anywho, here ya go. Pretty sure they have a UK link as well:

http://ca.cellphoneshop.net/qitransmitter.html

It's build pretty decently and is pretty thin and wide and stuff. Charging distance of 4~10mm.

Thanks, will take a look at it. Would make it a lot easier to charge my Nexus like this!