Huge benefit from bottom to top airflow?

cisto1999

Is there a huge temp benefit in cases with bottom to top air-flow since warm air raises naturally (e.g. Silverstones FT05) or are the differences marginal in comparison to a case with front- intake and back exhaust with similar fans ... 

1 minute ago, cisto1999 said:

Is there a huge temp benefit in cases with bottom to top air-flow since warm air raises naturally (e.g. Silverstones FT05) or are the differences marginal in comparison to a case with front- intake and back exhaust with similar fans ... 

well your fans would have to work less in this case if you think about it. pushing air up vs having air get caught on stuff going from front to back. 

Could bee something to try. 

4 minutes ago, cisto1999 said:

honest case air temp is not a thing u need to be worried about 4 case fans are enough for most builds and to have smooth air flow ie straight path 

i mean it will be better but your talking points of degrees

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Thanks for the comments and the link to the article!!! very appreciated. Great community on this forum :-)

All about those CFMs. If your GPU and CPU are moving more air than your case fans, they will heat up the air in there faster than it can be exhausted, raising the equilibrium temperature. 

PC case is really small space. So warm air rising doesn't mean much inside. Maybe only if there wouldn't be any or just single fan and GPU/CPU would be passive cooled. In PC case fans do the work. Placement of fans doesn't have as much effect as does amount of them. Generally having case fans support natural airflow from GPU/CPU coolers is much better than having case fans fight against it.

Air rising makes more sense outside the case. But only in situations where case is placed someplace where air can't move far away from it (on top of tabel, under table, back close to wall, in cabinet etc.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv