Which card Graphics is the most suitable for my low-end processor ?. Do I continue with what I bought or look for another?

ismarub

Good morning everyone. I currently have a fx-6300 at 4.4ghz. I had it with a gtx 1050 ti, but I realized that games like the witcher 3 me was very difficult to maintain 60 fps stable without having to lower resolution. Some games do not go very smooth when they go down from 60 fps.

In a store in my country (Spain), I had the opportunity to buy a rx 480 nitro 4gb for 145 € refurbished. It has some coilwhine that I solved by lowering voltage.

The graph yields 50% more than the gtx 1050 ti and I only had to put 45 € extras selling the previous one. The problem is that the fx makes it bottleneck and more in certain games because of the overhead of AMD. Thing that in certain games until with the gtx 1050 you I were more stable

I do not currently intend to change the whole pc. Games like the batman arkham night go to jerks, when with the gtx 1050 ti that did not happen. Others like the gtav goes fatal and with stuttering although trim graphical parameters and lower the bars

My options are to stick with the graph despite the bottleneck or mount another nvidia. My options would be to look for a gtx 1050 ti / gtx 960 4gb second hand or throw for a gtx 970 that I have seen with warranty in store for 150 €.

What is the best option for my processor?

5 minutes ago, ismarub said:

The problem is that the fx makes it bottleneck and more in certain games because of the overhead of AMD.

If you can't afford to change your outdated platform, continue with what you had bought. Changing to a more powerful GPU will likely not solve your low FPS problem due to CPU bottleneck.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Firstly, try the card again, without undervolting it, if it still stutters. Than secondly 2 970 will just increase the cpu bottelneck. So I think it is a good decision to just stay with your 480, and upgrade ur processor as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, ismarub said:

Good morning everyone.

It's midnight here man

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Try and get a cheap second hand 2/3/4 gen i7 + mobo combo or similar xeon system on the cheap

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Your FPS limitation lies within the CPU more than GPU.

Like @ZM Fong said, if you can't afford to get a new CPU/MOBO+CPU at the same time as a GPU you wont see a benefit

CPU is the bottleneck.

Excuse me. I meant a gtx 970, not a sli. I said it because it seems that nvidia is better than radeon in weak cpu.

In my country everything is very expensive. People sell the 4790k for 260-270 € used and it's a scam. If I could mount an i5 + motherboard for 150 € I would make the change. But it is not possible. At present I can not afford something much better for many months to come. Ddr4 is very expensive these days. 16gb ddr4 for 150 €

2 minutes ago, ismarub said:

Excuse me. I meant a gtx 970, not a sli. I said it because it seems that nvidia is better than radeon in weak cpu.

In my country everything is very expensive. People sell the 4790k for 260-270 € used and it's a scam. If I could mount an i5 + motherboard for 150 € I would make the change. But it is not possible. At present I can not afford something much better for many months to come. Ddr4 is very expensive these days. 16gb ddr4 for 150 €

The 4790k uses ddr3 :)

also, the 480 is better than the 970

one brand isn't better than the other with a CPU bottleneck, that doesn't make sense.

Yes. The 4790k uses ddr3, but it is very expensive to pay almost 300 € for one in the latter. For that, it is more profitable to change everything. But I can not currently. I have more important basic expenses.

The rx 480 is better than the gtx 970. True. But in my case you have to count the drivers. As for example here:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B58ciXUTlA8

The gtx 980 performs better than l rx 480 even in cpu-bounds games. I was happy with the combo fx + 1050 ti. But I lacked the power to move a couple of games I wanted at 60 fps. But with the rx I have worse minimum fps and in some games even jerks. Thing that with the gtx 1050 ti did not happen.