Setting up a surround system but my BluRay remote isn't working "Remote control 2"

Go to solution Solved by GuruMeditationError,

Okay...I think I've found the answer: 

That seemed to be it; for future reference, I held the "OK" button and the "2" button for 8 to 10 seconds and now my remote control works with the unit.

I'm trying to set up and test a surround sound system but my BluRay player won't operate with the remote control. 

Every time I try and use the remote control the screen just displays the message "Remote control 2"

I have used it before but have just had it unplugged for a long time. I can't remember if there was a trick to getting it working. 

It's a Panasonic DMP-BD83EB-k

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Okay...I think I've found the answer: 

That seemed to be it; for future reference, I held the "OK" button and the "2" button for 8 to 10 seconds and now my remote control works with the unit.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2