New 1700 build, can not boot into Windows 10 after install..

Woodypc

Hi, all. 

Finished putting together my new ryzen build and have been able to successfully install Win 10, however, I can not get back into the OS. It freezes after 2 turns of the loading dots. Can load into safe mode though.

Now when this happens mouse and keyboard die, also the cpu and ram debug lights flash one then the other, so could be the ram/cpu. Screens loses input too(Edit)

Specs:

Gigabyte x370 gaming K7 F3 bios

Corsair Vengence led 3200 (running at 2133 atm)

HD7950 Xfire

AX850

Windows 10 

Any help would be mutch appreciated, seams to be a strange and annoying problem.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Clear cmos

Load optimised defaults

Boot with 1 stick of RAM to test for bad RAM

This is a clean install of windows yes?

Yes clean install, I have only installed it and can not even get back into windows.

Tried only using one of the Ram sticks the same thing. Will play with the volts/timming as well and see what happens.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

8 minutes ago, Woodypc said:

Yes clean install, I have only installed it and can not even get back into windows.

Tried only using one of the Ram sticks the same thing. Will play with the volts/timming as well and see what happens.

Hitting the load optimised defaults should set everything at stock/preferred values for the bios.

Failing that something may have happened during the windows installation and you might need to format and start again.

My 1700 is not having this issue and i'm using very similar RAM to you, Vengeance LPX 3000, the only difference is I'm using a crosshair vi mobo.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Hitting the load optimised defaults should set everything at stock/preferred values for the bios.

Failing that something may have happened during the windows installation and you might need to format and start again.

My 1700 is not having this issue and i'm using very similar RAM to you, Vengeance LPX 3000, the only difference is I'm using a crosshair vi mobo.

This I the 3rd OS install, First I tried a fresh install, then win7 with 10 upgrade, and now another fresh 10 install. It installs perfectly fine, just can not get back into it.

Of course in MS great wisdom, it is not easy to install drivers in safe mode and I want to try and install chipset and another drivers to see if that helps.

Thanks btw.

Green Machine

1 minute ago, Woodypc said:

This I the 3rd OS install, First I tried a fresh install, then win7 with 10 upgrade, and now another fresh 10 install. It installs perfectly fine, just can not get back into it.

Of course in MS great wisdom, it is not easy to install drivers in safe mode and I want to try and install chipset and another drivers to see if that helps.

Thanks btw.

I don't know then sorry :/ it could be a bios issue maybe? see if there are any similar issues with your motherboard, try reddit.

Most likely drivers problem .... if you installed Windows without any problems, it's not hardware itself if you ask me. Because when you are installing windows, you kinda push your hardware components. So if there was something wrong with CPU or RAM, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to install windows at all.

You can also test RAM diagnostic in your BIOS (hopefully you can get to that), to eliminate another possible cause for your problem.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

I don't know then sorry :/ it could be a bios issue maybe? see if there are any similar issues with your motherboard, try reddit.

Yep been looking all day, the problem is people have problems with both Win10 loading then black screen and of course there is all the Ryzen problems. Maybe I will try windows 7 proper install.

Green Machine

15 minutes ago, Woodypc said:

Yep been looking all day, the problem is people have problems with both Win10 loading then black screen and of course there is all the Ryzen problems. Maybe I will try windows 7 proper install.

Issue there is ryzen/kaby lake are unsupported as malwaresoft are really pushing w10.

I have got to say this problem is a bit ridiculous as windows 7 is updating and working perfectly fine.

Green Machine

Update:

Sadly it looks like my second HD7950 is dying, this sucks because when doing the rebuild and cleaning the blocks I broke a cap from my 3rd 7950 but hopefully I can fix that one.

Green Machine