Penetration Testing with Python

I am attempting to learn how to use Python for penetration testing? Where can I learn this?

Edit: Thanks for all the answers guys! I was pretty vague with my question so let me try to narrow it down. I want to learn how to use python to create pen-testing programs, as vorticalbox said, I don't want to be a "script kiddie" I want to be able to use my python skills to try to make some pen-testing skills. I am not trying to start a company or anything, just want to have some fun and have a hobby.

Thanks!

Edited by Mandm723

Pretty vague question, so I'll give a vague answer. The Internet. Just don't get mixed up and do penetration testing with pythons.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

Pretty vague question, so I'll give a vague answer. The Internet. Just don't get mixed up and do penetration testing with pythons.

and if you want to do pen testing with pythons, id higly suggest sharpening your knife first, and only working on dead ones.

/s

OP. What are you trying to do? Do you have a goal, or just want to learn?

Penetration testing... Heheh 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

I know some ex-Palantir App-Sec folks that may know more about pen testing.  not sure explicitly with python, but I'll ask. 

4 hours ago, Mandm723 said:

I am attempting to learn how to use Python for penetration testing? Where can I learn this?

Thanks!

sqlmap for sqlinjection but I highly suggest you take some training course rather than being a script kiddie. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

8 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

sqlmap for sqlinjection but I highly suggest you take some training course rather than being a script kiddie. 

That term is so silly. Yes, it's dumb to try to use preexisting tools to hack into something with no knowledge of what's going on, but hell, I've got four years of programming experience and you know what I do when I'm pentesting for SQL injection? I use Havij. Why? Because its so much faster than writing out SQL commands by hand. 

CPU: i7-4790 GPU: R9 Nitro Fury Tri-X RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz | SSD: 480GB PNY PSU: EVGA 850BQ

Jr. Systems Administrator

A SysAdmin's Haiku:

It's not DNS

There's no way it's DNS

It was DNS

52 minutes ago, Saurfang said:

That term is so silly. Yes, it's dumb to try to use preexisting tools to hack into something with no knowledge of what's going on, but hell, I've got four years of programming experience and you know what I do when I'm pentesting for SQL injection? I use Havij. Why? Because its so much faster than writing out SQL commands by hand. 

I think he meant more along the lines of properly learning pentesting instead of just going about it willy-nilly.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, Saurfang said:

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I think he meant more along the lines of properly learning pentesting instead of just going about it willy-nilly.

This is exactly what I meant. Nothing wrong with uses frameworks for pentesting however you're not learning anything when using them. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

22 hours ago, Mandm723 said:

Edit: Thanks for all the answers guys! I was pretty vague with my question so let me try to narrow it down. I want to learn how to use python to create pen-testing programs, as vorticalbox said, I don't want to be a "script kiddie" I want to be able to use my python skills to try to make some pen-testing skills. I am not trying to start a company or anything, just want to have some fun and have a hobby.

Thanks!

What's your skill/knowledge level about general computer science stuff, and additionally about web stuff?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

17 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

What's your skill/knowledge level about general computer science stuff, and additionally about web stuff?

I am "good" with computers, I am pretty good with computer science stuff. But I am not very good with web stuff, haven't really had a chance to learn a whole lot about this. 

16 minutes ago, Mandm723 said:

I am "good" with computers, I am pretty good with computer science stuff. But I am not very good with web stuff, haven't really had a chance to learn a whole lot about this. 

Well, not all penetration testing revolves around web technology and operating systems, but by far the majority of penetration testing revolves around web apps and operating systems. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but getting anything useful out of learning penetration testing you'll probably need to be familiar with web technologies and the associated languages. You can always start with places like OverTheWire.Org

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME