Which gaming headset?

Blello
Go to solution Solved by kuddlesworth9419,

Get a the Sennheiser 558's and then buy an Antlion Modmic. You will get much better mic sound quality, features and with much much better headphone quality. I would never go for a headset.

Hello,

I've been researching these headsets and I cannot seem to decide which one I want. Which one do you think is better? 

Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost Blue, Corsair Vengeance 7100, or Logitech G930.

Thanks!

NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get a nice pair of headphones with a seprate mic. if u like the band on the siberia V2' there are som pioneer headphones i believe that have that same style of headband

Razer Kraken Pro perhaps?

I bought it a few weeks back and i very much like the sound quality, the build quality and paired with a Asus Xonar DG the bass is amazing!

Razer Kraken Pro perhaps?

I bought it a few weeks back and i very much like the sound quality, the build quality and paired with a Asus Xonar DG the bass is amazing!

I tried out my friend's Kraken Pro and I wasn't very much fond of it. Sorry!

Those headsets suck, if you're into gaming you should look at Sennheiser PC 350/360 and if you don't need the mic Audio Technica ATH700X.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I had the Logitech G35, very satisfied about this headset, my ears wore out after a couple of years.

930 is the newest I guess, I think u won't be disapointed with that headset.

Those headsets suck, if you're into gaming you should look at Sennheiser PC 350/360 and if you don't need the mic Audio Technica ATH700X.

Sorry that's a bit overpriced :/ Not in my budget!

I had the Logitech G35, very satisfied about this headset, my ears wore out after a couple of years.

Alright thanks!

Another gimmicky "gaming" headset.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Sorry that's a bit overpriced :/ Not in my budget!

Alright thanks!

Where do you live?

Where do you live?

California, USA. There's tax. On the second thought, I was wondering if i should get the Sennheiser PC360. I was wondering if 2.0 Stereo is fine or if the 5.1 or 7.1 is better since the Sennheiser PC360 is only 2.0 stereo.

I bought the siberia v2.  they're a really nice comfy gaming headset but, I agree you may find some audiophile grade stuff for similar prices if you look around and just use a secondary mic.  I'd certainly not mind owning some headphones made by sennheiser :)

But, more about my experience with the siberai v2.  They're very good but I recommend to be careful with the volume levels when you get into using this type of headphone because you can damage your hearing by using too much volume.  They can get very loud..    I also found the steelseries USB soundcard thingy to be pretty nifty as it allows of some nice tweaking of the audio levels via it's software for music listening. It's by no means a high end sound card but it still manages to be pretty good for what it is.  If your looking for a highend soundcard, you'd most likely want to use some kind of dedicated one that plugs into the PCI-e slot. :)

I bought the siberia v2.  they're a really nice comfy gaming headset but, I agree you may find some audiophile grade stuff for similar prices if you look around and just use a secondary mic.  I would certainly not mind owning some headphones made by sennheiser :)

But, more about my experience with the siberai v2.  They're very good but be careful with the volume levels because when you get into using this type of headphone you can damage your hearing by using too much volume.  They can get very loud..    I also found the steelseries USB soundcard thingy to be pretty nifty as it allows of some nice tweaking of the audio levels via it's software for music listening.. but it is by no means a high end sound card.  for that you really want some kind of dedicated sound card that plugs into the PCI-e slot. :)

And a high end "sound card" isn't something that goes in your computer either. 

And a high end "sound card" isn't something that goes in your computer either. 

why not? 

California, USA. There's tax. On the second thought, I was wondering if i should get the Sennheiser PC360. I was wondering if 2.0 Stereo is fine or if the 5.1 or 7.1 is better since the Sennheiser PC360 is only 2.0 stereo.

No need for silly 5.1 or 7.1 in headsets. As long as the game has the audio set to "headphone" or "headset", you should be able to get very good positional audio. I've tried using the virtual surround on my sound card, but it only sounded worse, and made no difference in "surround". 

and yes, the PC360's are basically the only good headset if you're looking for good audio. They're basically the same as Sennheiser HD558, just with a sort of expensive mic on it. I've been using my pair for 6 months or something, very nice. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

It's allways better to have 1 big driver on each ear instead of handful of small drivers, the audio is a lot better and you don't need surround for positional accuracy in headsets. If you need the boom mic, go for Sennheiser PC 360, if you don't, go for Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X, it's just $130 and you get phenomenal positional audio and crystal clear mids, but don't expect bass to blow you away with either of my recoommendations. Good headset is very important in FPS games, it represents the diffirence between you getting drop on 3-4 guys or getting your squad wiped by a stealthy bush wookie.

It's allways better to have 1 big driver on each ear instead of handful of small drivers

Do note, it's not the size of the drivers that matter, just the economic truths behind putting multiple cheaper drivers rather than one really good driver. Many high-end IEMs have multiple drivers for each ear. ;)

Listen to the advisers in this subforum.  Gaming headsets are pointless.

AMD 1700X// Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 // Geil DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte Aorus 1080//  Samsung 128GB 840 Pro SSD(OS)// Seagate Barracuda 1TB(games&docs)//

Cool Master Stacker 935//  LG Ultrawide 34UM95//  XSPC 360 Liquid Cooling//

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard//  Corsair M65RGB//  Xonar DX//  Audio Technica ATH A900X// Blue Snowball Mic(Tandy POP filter)  

Listen to the adviser in this subforum.  Gaming headsets are pointless.

Advisers, plural, there are about six-seven of us.

Advisers, plural, there are about six-seven of us.

Corrected Grammar Nazi.  :ph34r:

AMD 1700X// Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 // Geil DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte Aorus 1080//  Samsung 128GB 840 Pro SSD(OS)// Seagate Barracuda 1TB(games&docs)//

Cool Master Stacker 935//  LG Ultrawide 34UM95//  XSPC 360 Liquid Cooling//

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard//  Corsair M65RGB//  Xonar DX//  Audio Technica ATH A900X// Blue Snowball Mic(Tandy POP filter)  

It's allways better to have 1 big driver on each ear instead of handful of small drivers, the audio is a lot better and you don't need surround for positional accuracy in headsets. If you need the boom mic, go for Sennheiser PC 360, if you don't, go for Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X, it's just $130 and you get phenomenal positional audio and crystal clear mids, but don't expect bass to blow you away with either of my recoommendations. Good headset is very important in FPS games, it represents the diffirence between you getting drop on 3-4 guys or getting your squad wiped by a stealthy bush wookie.

I've done a lot of research lately and I've seen that the HD598/558 seems pretty good for gaming. I also watch hundreds of movies and listen to music too. So I might just be getting the headphones and a clipon mic.

I've done a lot of research lately and I've seen that the HD598/558 seems pretty good for gaming. I also watch hundreds of movies and listen to music too. So I might just be getting the headphones and a clipon mic.

Snowflake is an option if two cables doesn't please. 

Snowflake is an option if two cables doesn't please. 

I might be getting that... 

I might be bringing my headphones out from time to time to like airplanes, buses, or trains... Should i consider getting the HD380 Pro? Or just get the 598s?