Do I need one more case fan?

Hi guys.

Do you think I need another case fan to keep the temps low while using the stock wraith spire CPU cooler other than the two provided case fans with the corsair 270r? I have included the case pic for reference. And I will be also installing a graphic card in the case.

2017-04-19.png

From what I can see in the photo it can hold up to 7 fans. If the CPU is low power (65W CPU-ish) this will probably suffice but personally if I was to never install a liquid cooler and only planned on later upgrading to a better air cooler I'd populate every fan spot with a low RPM fan just to keep consistent steady quiet airflow throughout the case.

What you have should suffice for now but in this setup fan placment is important to keep key components from overheating.

6 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

One thing to remember is the larger the fan, the less speed is required for moving air. That's why I jumped for three 230mm fans in my system. I run all of my fans at ~600rpm and I can't hear them, the only thing I can hear is the GPU fans ramping and that sounds like a swoosh sound rather than a jet engine lol. Cough cough *R9 290X reference card* cough cough.

That's true. Bigger the fan, lower RPM, quieter, still moves the same volume of air as a smaller fan.

My system has two Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X's (I put XSPC waterblocks on them so they're quiet...except for occasional coil whine and they don't ramp up to 95C before throttling the CPU. I still haven't upgraded because I don't think the 480X has as much computational power (less Streaming Processors) and as it turns out the new 580 or 580X is the same chip with some tweaks. Not really much better. I'm thinking of upgrading to a pair of R9 Fury X's. Seems to be my best option at this point.

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Vega Vega Vega Vegas Baby!!!!!!!

I'll wait for Vega and see if it delivers better parallel processing power than the 290X. Alternatively I'll go for the R9 Fury X if Vega's a flop. I would like to brag to friends that my GPU has a 4096-bit memory bus. I could look at my friends and say. "What's yours? 128, 256? That's cute." I looked at one of my friends last week when he told me his friend spent $1500 to build his computer. I just looked at him and said. "$1,500? That's cute, my CPU alone cost me $1,070."

No, the stock case fans are probably fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

TBH, I would put fans on the front and let the hot air naturally rise. Otherwise it's usually a good idea to have air flow in your case, with the help of fans of course. 

Actually that would be worse than default setup. PC case is closed space and air is moved mainly with fans. True, hot air will eventually make its way out of case. But not very fast, since stock down-draft cooler is used for CPU. Unless case is made purely from mesh, 1 exhaust is always better than none at all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv