MX Master brings my internet to a crawl.

I recently purchased a Logitech MX master and I love it, the only downside is whenever I do use it my internet speeds go down to turtle speeds! 

I use a Microsoft Surface Book with Performance Base, and I suffer the internet decrease whether i use the included Logitech Bluetooth dongle or not. 

I know the issue is from the MX because now whenever i want to download anything or watch a movie in anything buy 480p I have to switch off the mouse and it's really spoiling my experience with the mouse. 

Any thoughts on a fix anyone?

Are you using the USB dongle or connecting via Bluetooth? If using the dongle, try unplugging it and connecting with Bluetooth instead.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Maybe it's a weird glitch on the mobo or OS.

Can you test the mouse on another computer and see if it is actually the root of the problem?

There are issues with the MX Master bluetooth frequency interfering with certain wifi.

If possible, switch to a different wifi frequency (like 5GHz or something) or stop using the included bluetooth receiver and connect the mouse to the built in bluetooth on your laptop/pc.

EDIT- I might have it the other way around, I can't remember if the problem is when using the dongle or not (forgot lol).

Try disabling bluetooth on the device and using the dongle.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Are you using the USB dongle or connecting via Bluetooth? If using the dongle, try unplugging it and connecting with Bluetooth instead.

The issue happens both ways, with the dongle and just by connecting vie Bluetooth. 

14 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so turning on your Bluetooth brings your internet speed down? 

It seems to be. 

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

There are issues with the MX Master bluetooth frequency interfering with certain wifi.

If possible, switch to a different wifi frequency (like 5GHz or something) or stop using the included bluetooth receiver and connect the mouse to the built in bluetooth on your laptop/pc.

I'll try switching to a different WiFi, the issue happens with the dongle and without via bluetooth. 

14 minutes ago, Artechz said:

Maybe it's a weird glitch on the mobo or OS.

Can you test the mouse on another computer and see if it is actually the root of the problem?

I shall try this as well. 

Update. 

Test on another computer on same network with nothing connected : 60 mb download

Test on another computer on same network with dongle connected : 60 mb download

Test on surface book same network nothing connected               : 60 mb download 

Test on surface book same network with Bluetooth connected        : 2.6 mb download

Test on surface book same network with dongle connected             : 60 mb download 

Well, I guess I've figured it out through testing magically. I think what i did differently this time with the dongle is I installed the Logitech App instead of Just using the dongle. 

Still, it's very stange that when i use the MX with just Bluetooth i get horrid speeds.