Ryzen build having problems

So when I enter the BIOS setup to get a look at my temperature readings, the computer will shut off after a few seconds. If I boot into ubuntu it will run like normal but the fans will blow really hard any thoughts?

CPU: Ryzen 1700x

MOBO:MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Amd Ryzen X370

3 minutes ago, Alphredo1 said:

So when I enter the BIOS setup to get a look at my temperature readings, the computer will shut off after a few seconds. If I boot into ubuntu it will run like normal but the fans will blow really hard any thoughts?

CPU: Ryzen 1700x

MOBO:MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON Amd Ryzen X370

Do you see what temp the CPU is at all?

From what I managed to see it was between 72-76 degrees before it shut off, which also concerns me because those are idle temps

7 minutes ago, Alphredo1 said:

From what I managed to see it was between 72-76 degrees before it shut off, which also concerns me because those are idle temps

Check your CPU cooler. Make sure the fan(s) are running and that the cooler is properly mounted.

6 minutes ago, Alphredo1 said:

Looks like you may have put the cooler in there incorrectly, or something else is wrong with the cooler. Try taking it out and putting it back in, take care to have good pressure from it to the CPU and enough thermal paste.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

if your cooler is mounted correctly, make sure you havent got too much or too littel thermal paste on there aswell

7700k@4.5GHz|MSI Z270I GAMING PRO mITX|GTX 980ti|Corsair Dominator Plat 16GB DDR4|Bitfenix Prodigy|H100I

Update: so far it looks like I plugged the pump into the cpu fan slot instead of the pump slot of the mother board, and I have put a little more thermal paste on, and applied more pressure to the mounting bracket: so far were looking at a healthier 36-37 degrees. I will do a stress test once I'm sure there is nothing wrong.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Alphredo1 said:

Update: so far it looks like I plugged the pump into the cpu fan slot instead of the pump slot of the mother board, and I have put a little more thermal paste on, and applied more pressure to the mounting bracket: so far were looking at a healthier 36-37 degrees. I will do a stress test once I'm sure there is nothing wrong.

Cheers

I was about to say remove the plastic film on the cold plate, but you managed to solve it :P

BTW what cooler are you using?

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I am using Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2

Doesn't have an Am4 bracket just so you know, Im using the intel one with 2 screws attached diagonally xD

30 minutes ago, Alphredo1 said:

Doesn't have an Am4 bracket just so you know, Im using the intel one with 2 screws attached diagonally xD

Haway mate have a word with yourself you should let people no this from the word go

7 hours ago, Alphredo1 said:

Well then either it's not making good contact with the IHS or you forgot to plug the pump in.