G2A or kinguin

AMD X INTEL X NVIDIA
16 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You can also buy a stolen car on ebay. That doesn't change the fact that ebay doesn't allow the sale of digital goods because there is no good way of regulating it. 

And sure, devs would like to make money on both ends, but the problem with G2a is when keys are illegally purchased and then sold on G2a. That causes a loss of sales and fees to the developer, now that the developers also has to deal with a chargeback that it has received.

Are you telling me that when someone steal a credit card, buys a game and then lists that game up on g2a, the charge back only happens once the game has been sold on g2a? That's seriously not the case.
If someone buys a a key with a stolen credit card and never ever puts it up for resale, the chargeback would still occur. Chargebacks are not a result of g2a, but rather the fraud itself.

Ebay has many digital goods for sale, wtf are you talking about.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIFA-17-Key-PC-Game-EA-ORIGIN-Digital-Download-Code-Fifa-2017-UK-EU-NEU-/172372219592?hash=item28222f56c8:g:lF4AAOSwNRdX~edG

Also, going off what ebay are saying, it seems like they're making it as easy as possible to sell digital goods.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Selling-Digital-Goods-on-eBay-/10000000000808756/g.html

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

24 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Are you telling me that when someone steal a credit card, buys a game and then lists that game up on g2a, the charge back only happens once the game has been sold on g2a? That's seriously not the case.
If someone buys a a key with a stolen credit card and never ever puts it up for resale, the chargeback would still occur. Chargebacks are not a result of g2a, but rather the fraud itself.

Ebay has many digital goods for sale, wtf are you talking about.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIFA-17-Key-PC-Game-EA-ORIGIN-Digital-Download-Code-Fifa-2017-UK-EU-NEU-/172372219592?hash=item28222f56c8:g:lF4AAOSwNRdX~edG

Also, going off what ebay are saying, it seems like they're making it as easy as possible to sell digital goods.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Selling-Digital-Goods-on-eBay-/10000000000808756/g.html

You're right, the chargeback would still occur. However, G2a provides a greater reason for more chargebacks -- you wouldn't commit credit card fraud to purchase illegal keys if you had no way of selling them.

As a storefront, you're probably allowed to sell digital goods -- the same way that stores like Best Buy/Steam sell digital goods.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're right, the chargeback would still occur. However, G2a provides a greater reason for more chargebacks -- you wouldn't commit credit card fraud to purchase illegal keys if you had no way of selling them.

As a storefront, you're probably allowed to sell digital goods -- the same way that stores like Best Buy/Steam sell digital goods.

So then, are you saying that's it's impossible to use a stolen credit card on steam and buy games? I'm pretty sure if people wanted to, they could buy games on steam with stolen credit cards, add them to there inventory and trade them up with other people. Is that not just as bad? It's not like steam as any special steps for when you're adding a new card.
I use my partners, and we don't share any of the same details as each other, so to steam. I'm clearly using a card that isn't mine.

G2a is simply in the firing line because it's the bigger company out of all the other resellers.
And if g2a didn't exist, then "stolen" keys would be attempted to be sold on all the other key sites and failing that, ebay. Clearly ebay makes it easier.
You simply just have to state you are the legal owner of the digital goods.

Frankly the reason you gave just isn't good enough, as every marketplace is ripe for abuse, including ebay and that's not just about digital goods, but all goods that are being resold everywhere.
Should we just stop the resale of all goods everyone in the world tries to sell, digital or not because someone may attempt to sell something that's stolen?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Just now, leelaa14 said:

So then, are you saying that's it's impossible to use a stolen credit card on steam and buy games? I'm pretty sure if people wanted to, they could buy games on steam with stolen credit cards, add them to there inventory and trade them up with other people. Is that not just as bad? It's not like steam as any special steps for when you're adding a new card.
I use my partners, and we don't share any of the same details as each other, so to steam. I'm clearly using a card that isn't mine.

G2a is simply in the firing line because it's the bigger company out of all the other resellers.
And if g2a didn't exist, then "stolen" keys would be attempted to be sold on all the other key sites and failing that, ebay. Clearly ebay makes it easier.
You simply just have to state you are the legal owner of the digital goods.

Trading isn't an official storefront -- and certainly not one that sells buyer protection as a service to buyers. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Trading isn't an official storefront -- and certainly not one that sells buyer protection as a service to buyers. 

Ahh but you see, if you knew what shield was, you wouldn't call it buyer protection.
G2a have stated that even when you don't use shield, they will still help you.
The process if you get a bad key without shield is you attempt to resolve it with the seller first..(hey, just like ebay) And if that fails, g2a will intervene.
If you use shield, you cut out the process of going to the seller and go straight to g2a support instead, that's mainly what shield does for you.

And because trading isn't a store front valve can't take responsibility for it, even though the trade system is an official, intergrated part of steam? Funny.

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

And because trading isn't a store front valve can't take responsibility for it, even though the trade system is an official, intergrated part of steam? Funny.

If you trade a game for another game/items, then the trade will be reversed. If you trade the game for money, then you're operating outside their trade TOS and they won't do shit. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you trade a game for another game/items, then the trade will be reversed. If you trade the game for money, then you're operating outside their trade TOS and they won't do shit. 

Yes but what if the credit card that was used goes unreported...No trades will be reversed will they?

2 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Yes but what if the credit card that was used goes unreported...No trades will be reversed will they?

If the credit card goes unreported, then the key was paid for. So no. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If the credit card goes unreported, then the key was paid for. So no. 

And in term, the steam system will have been abused.
Taking that into account, it's still incentive for people who use stolen credit cards to buy games directly from steam in the hope, they won't get caught.
And a quick google search will show, this is actually something that happens. Should we boycott steam? Should we hate them as much as g2a for allowing stolen credit cards to be used on there platform...there "storefront"

Just now, leelaa14 said:

And in term, the steam system will have been abused.
Taking that into account, it's still incentive for people who use stolen credit cards to buy games directly from steam in the hope, they won't get caught.
And a quick google search will show, this is actually something that happens. Should we boycott steam? Should we hate them as much as g2a for allowing stolen credit cards to be used on there platform...there "storefront"

No, there will have been no abuse towards steam. The abuse is towards the owner of the credit card company, since the incident went unreported -- as far as anyone is concerned it was a perfectly normal and legal sale. 

Again, the hate towards G2a isn't that it allows stolen credit cards to be used. It's that it encourages the use of stolen credit cards. Just like it's illegal to purchase stolen (physical) goods because it encourages users to continue to steal. Even on steam, if you repeatedly buy items off of accounts that become stolen/hijacked, then steam will eventually limit your account in order to deter future users from abusing the system.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, there will have been no abuse towards steam. The abuse is towards the owner of the credit card company, since the incident went unreported -- as far as anyone is concerned it was a perfectly normal and legal sale. 

Again, the hate towards G2a isn't that it allows stolen credit cards to be used. It's that it encourages the use of stolen credit cards. Just like it's illegal to purchase stolen (physical) goods because it encourages users to continue to steal. Even on steam, if you repeatedly buy items off of accounts that become stolen/hijacked, then steam will eventually limit your account in order to deter future users from abusing the system.

I disagree, I would say the steam system has been abused for being extremely easy to add credit cards. No verification is needed, you just enter the card details and away you go.
I would say unfortunately too, old people probably suffer from credit card fraud most. My grandad was recently scammed by those so called "windows tech support calls"
The only reason after the call he knew he was scammed was due to huge sums of money going out.

If this was the odd £10-£40 every so often though, I doubt he would of known, and therefore would of gone unreported. My point being, it's down to the cardholder mostly to report the fraud. So reports will vary depending on the cardholder himself. 
So I would say, if some touched lucky (at least for them) they could probably get away with using a single stolen credit card on steam if they was smart enough and never got greedy. How would this be possible though? Because steams card adding services is easy to manipulate. Simply entering in the details and done. Which is a lot easier than selling a key on g2a.

Honestly, should we completely stop the reselling of all used goods, not just digital but physical? Why should so many people miss out because some bell ends abuse it? 

Should TeamViewer be banned as that's what was used to scam my grandad?

Should kodi be banned because people are abusing it with pirate add ons?

Should ebay be banned because jibmo donny sold a game to fred that he stole from someones house?

Should this forum be closed down because someone sold a stolen graphics card in the classifieds section? (Never happened as far as we know..but not impossible is it)

On 4/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, Raskolnikov said:

I'm talking about developers' price points, not the platform itself. 

For example Firewatch is 21.99$ (CAD) for a 3-4 hours experience, with no real replayability. That's inviting g2a or piracy. 

Popular games rarely get sales outside the Summer and Winter ones. If you follow closely the weekly or weekend ones, it's always the same ones or filler. 

Yeah, fuck developers for wanting to be compensated for their work.

2 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Yeah, fuck developers for wanting to be compensated for their work.

Merely pointing out that selling too high is inviting piracy, or key re-sellers. 

Firewatch is 5$ USD in China, 7$ in Russia. Retail price.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, lw88 said:

So Leelaa you're pretty much the guy everyone with a head on their shoulders ignores? Got it.

Oh wow, you come up with that yourself...Well done you. Have a cookie.
Also, I wasn't really ignored was I? I had a debate with a user and that debate ended. I wasn't gonna try to drag it on.