How Do I Fix My Partitions?

Go to solution Solved by JohnMLTX,

Partition Wizard Free: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

It looks like a few of those are recovery, so don't delete C, D, 260mb, 1000mb OEM, 1000mb Recovery, and 17.50gb Recovery just yet.

But those bigger ones, you should be good to just delete. Then, you can extend C or D to fill the remaining space, or use it for Linux, or anything.

Hello there, Can you help me out?

there seems to be an issue with my partitions, as I can't merge them back together.

It's like that because I tried to dual boot Linux mint with windows both on the same drive.

But for some reason the installer kept crashing so I tried installing it over and over, formatting the USB, redownloading the iso file and kept failing.

So I gave up and this is what I got.

I'm trying to merge the mess that I made aka the partitions back together and maybe try a new Linux distro to install and I need the extra space.

But when i tried merging them together using AOMEI Partition Assistant this error message always pops up:

"Sorry, the current operation has been canceled!
Information Code: 35
Description: Failed to open the volume. It may be locked by other programs.

What does the Information Code mean? Please refer to: http://www.disk-partition.com/help/errorcode.html "

Note: i am aware that this thread is not the best choice but i really need some help here

I would like to get some help from you guys

Thank's for reading and i wish to hear your suggestions soon.

forum 1.png

Partition Wizard Free: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

It looks like a few of those are recovery, so don't delete C, D, 260mb, 1000mb OEM, 1000mb Recovery, and 17.50gb Recovery just yet.

But those bigger ones, you should be good to just delete. Then, you can extend C or D to fill the remaining space, or use it for Linux, or anything.

My current fleet!
Zerua - Workstation - i7-6700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX1070 | Azalera - Surface Pro 4 - i7-6650U, 16gb | Sarea - FreeNAS Server - E5-2407 1.2TB RAIDZ2

Try GParted and see of you can try and change the partitions, http://gparted.org/

if it fails, then the partition data (the data that tells how big the partition is and where it starts and ends) might be corrupted in a way that it can't be modified but can be seen (common and can be fixed)

partition fixing tools can fix this problem as if it was eating candy(or fixing broken partitions), a popular one looks to be partition wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/

try it and see if it can fix your ptoblem

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

11 minutes ago, JohnMLTX said:

I'll try your suggestion first then the second one, thank's for helping me in this shit.

Just now, Deenjima said:

I'll try your suggestion first then the second one, thank's for helping me in this shit.

If you want some help while you're doing that, I can hop on hangouts and assist.

My current fleet!
Zerua - Workstation - i7-6700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX1070 | Azalera - Surface Pro 4 - i7-6650U, 16gb | Sarea - FreeNAS Server - E5-2407 1.2TB RAIDZ2

1 minute ago, JohnMLTX said:

If you want some help while you're doing that, I can hop on hangouts and assist.

Phone is nearly dead and i disabled mic and camera in this laptop for privacy reasons. thank anyway though

Just now, Deenjima said:

Phone is nearly dead and i disabled mic and camera in this laptop for privacy reasons. thank anyway though

No worries. Any partition that's only flagged as Primary and isn't flagged as System, Boot, EFI, or Recovery, can probably safely go, especially all those 100% free random ones. Delete one at a time just to be safe, and Partition Wizard should protect against any system-borkery.

My current fleet!

Just now, JohnMLTX said:

No worries. Any partition that's only flagged as Primary and isn't flagged as System, Boot, EFI, or Recovery, can probably safely go, especially all those 100% free random ones. Delete one at a time just to be safe, and Partition Wizard should protect against any system-borkery.

How do i know the flags from each partition if i may ask?

1 minute ago, Deenjima said:

How do i know the flags from each partition if i may ask?

In the Windows Disk Manager, look up where it says Status. The stuff in the parentheses is the flag(s). Also visible on the drive bars in the lower display.

In Partition Wizard, look under Type and Status.

All highlighted in yellow.

rect4325.png

rect4331.png

My current fleet!

49 minutes ago, JohnMLTX said:

In the Windows Disk Manager, look up where it says Status. The stuff in the parentheses is the flag(s). Also visible on the drive bars in the lower display.

In Partition Wizard, look under Type and Status.

All highlighted in yellow.

rect4325.png

rect4331.png

Ok thanks john, my problem's been solved