Trying to create an autorun flash drive

coollll068
Go to solution Solved by Specters,
Just now, Specters said:

oh dual authentication got you boss. I use last pass for this

It gives you the option to use "keys" only specific usbs with a code can unlock the password

like dual authentication but if you lose the flash drive you are fucked xD

Hi guys so Ill explain what I am Trying to do. What I am trying to do is make a flash drive when plugged in it puts a line of text. What I am mainly trying to do and some people may be against this is trying to make a USB when plugged in imports a password that I set. I want to try and do this with as little interruption as possible meaning nothing is displayed on screen it's just plug it in and boom theirs your really long password. I dont know how I should go about coding this I found very little information so if someone could point me in any direction that would be greatly appreciated.

If this is in the wrong topic forgive me I am sorry i dint really fins anything that directly related to what I am trying to do.

The autorun setting is defined on the user computer, so no, it is impossible to make the USB popup just not show up on any computer.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, coollll068 said:

Hi guys so Ill explain what I am Trying to do. What I am trying to do is make a flash drive when plugged in it puts a line of text. What I am mainly trying to do and some people may be against this is trying to make a USB when plugged in imports a password that I set. I want to try and do this with as little interruption as possible meaning nothing is displayed on screen it's just plug it in and boom theirs your really long password. I dont know how I should go about coding this I found very little information so if someone could point me in any direction that would be greatly appreciated.

If this is in the wrong topic forgive me I am sorry i dint really fins anything that directly related to what I am trying to do.

imports or exports password?  I would use the USB rubber ducky cause its god tier stuff with multiple applications even after you "legally access the computer" What is the goal exactly I am still not completely understanding. you want to brute force a password of some kind? or are you trying to use a dictionary attack?

Rubber ducky as one mentioned.. You can also use the teensy board.. its a bit more limited tho

Just now, Specters said:

imports or exports password?  I would use the USB rubber ducky cause its god tier stuff with multiple applications even after you "legally access the computer" What is the goal exactly I am still not completely understanding. you want to brute force a password of some kind? or are you trying to use a dictionary attack?

Neither what I am trying to do is make a really long password like 50 letters and when i plug my usb in it will automatically fill the password text box that I will be using to gain access to the webcite

Just now, coollll068 said:

Neither what I am trying to do is make a really long password like 50 letters and when i plug my usb in it will automatically fill the password text box that I will be using to gain access to the webcite

Just now, Specters said:

It gives you the option to use "keys" only specific usbs with a code can unlock the password

1 minute ago, Specters said:

this is exactly what I was looking for thank you !!

this is exactly what I was looking for thank you !!

The only thing that sucks is I think you might have to buy a specific usb to do this they give you a list i believe let me check to make sure

i just want to note this idea is a pretty big security risk, because it'll then also input the password into whatever else you plug it.

Just now, manikyath said:

i just want to note this idea is a pretty big security risk, because it'll then also input the password into whatever else you plug it.

Last pass encryptes the passcode and unencrptys (I cant spell today) at the computer that has his user identity logged in. So both passwords on computer and USB are stored and encrypted locally. :D

Just now, Specters said:

Last pass encryptes the passcode and unencrptys (I cant spell today) at the computer that has his user identity logged in. So both passwords on computer and USB are stored and encrypted locally. :D

Thank you so much you have been a great help !!

Just now, Specters said:

stuff like lastpass and keepass is safe, because it's still a manual action to "unlock" the stuff, but OP's idea of "i want this usb stick to mindlessly output my password" is rather unsafe at best :P

Thank you so much you have been a great help !!

Last but not least a how to guide.

Oh My Guide!

Just now, manikyath said:

stuff like lastpass and keepass is safe, because it's still a manual action to "unlock" the stuff, but OP's idea of "i want this usb stick to mindlessly output my password" is rather unsafe at best :P

yes hahaha unless you had an end to end encryption setup which I would then be asking "why did you ask this question if you made it" good luck to everyone :D