[Build Log] daDonn's REDBOX

daDonn

Here's a video log I created over the course of building my most recent system; with a full list of parts used at the end. Please excuse the totally amateurish tablet camerawork, I just found this far more fun than taking stills (I lack a high-quality camera for either stills or video :P). This first video documents and demonstrates the unboxing of the first delivery of parts, listed here:

The next one shows the remaining parts used in my initial build:

The third video documents the construction of the core components of the system, excepting the GPU.

Finally, my new monitor arrives! After Linus showed off a PLS panel in one of his videos, I fell in love with the minimalist design and splurged on one for my system - seeing as how it maintains a 16:9 aspect ratio (for video consumption) alongside a high resolution.

And a couple of weeks later, a powerhouse to drive that monitor! I chose the 7970 over the 680 due to the increased quantity of graphics memory present on that card; bearing in mind the resolution of my monitor.

Not content with just a new PC, I upped and moved house and purchased a new desk for my system, the journey is almost complete!

The penultimate step of my marathon post is a listing of the complete system specs used in the build: CPU: Intel 3930k Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Formula Graphics Card: ASUS 7970 DirectCU II TOP Edition Monitor: Samsung S27A850T Case: Corsair 650D RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz CAS9 DDR3 16GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 OS HDD: Intel 520 240GB SSD Secondary HDDs: Various older 1tb drives from my old system. Fans: BitFenix Spectre Pro LEDs throughout (red LEDs, naturally :P) Mousemat: Razer Scarab Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gen 2 (crappy orange LED one, from my old PC) Mouse: Logitech G9 (also from my old system) Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T3 The final thing I'll post here are some higher resolution snaps of the system and its components - I'm awaiting time to do that right now. I'll update this thread within a couple of days probably ;). Let me know what you guys think!

Please tell me with your accent you don't say HDMI as HACHEDMI, That's so frustrating makes me wanna punt babies.

Other then my fury for that way of saying it, Nice rig!! Totally cool.

Please tell me with your accent you don't say HDMI as HACHEDMI, That's so frustrating makes me wanna punt babies. Other then my fury for that way of saying it, Nice rig!! Totally cool.

I didn't say "hayche". http://youtu.be/cPq00TYeiY4?t=2m20s

I said "ayche".

And thanks! Naturally I also posted in the 3960x thread to see if I can get an even better CPU :P.