Windows replacement?

A while back(around the release of Windows 10) I heard/read that the Russians were working on an os to replace Windows due to the telementary found in windows 10. Did they ever get anywhere with that?

SafeLite Auto Glass. They'll help you out.

There's always Linux.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I wasn't looking for a replacement for me, I was wondering if they actually got somewhere

Just now, TheGleaner said:

I wasn't looking for a replacement for me, I was wondering if they actually got somewhere

I haven't heard any news aside form "banning Windows 10". 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Yes they did. I dont know the exact name of OS though. They also use their own HW.

2 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

A while back(around the release of Windows 10) I heard/read that the Russians were working on an os to replace Windows due to the telementary found in windows 10. Did they ever get anywhere with that?

I haven't heard of this... but in the late 90's there was a russian kid in some russian school who made an OS that did indeed run windows software on.. I haven't heard of a new windows replacement.. but some governments do have their own flavor of Linux

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Yes they did. I dont know the exact name of OS though. They also use their own HW.

Well that was faster than I thought they could develop a os... Thanks

I just googled it, they are just working on their own custom Linux Distro.. if they even started, wouldn't take too long

Edit: This is for their government systems.

1 minute ago, pmos said:

I haven't heard of this... but in the late 90's there was a russian kid in some russian school who made an OS that did indeed run windows software on.. I haven't heard of a new windows replacement.. but some governments do have their own flavor of Linux

In the US/Canada everything is "news" that has to deal with the Russians, and supposedly they ran windows 10, until they found out about telementary, the("news") made a fuss about it as, in one way I can see their logic, the Russians were a supposedly large buyer of Windows, they said they would run it until they could get their own up and running.

1 minute ago, TheGleaner said:

In the US/Canada everything is "news" that has to deal with the Russians, and supposedly they ran windows 10, until they found out about telementary, the("news") made a fuss about it as, in one way I can see their logic, the Russians were a supposedly large buyer of Windows, they said they would run it until they could get their own up and running.

What I just read is russia might get rid of american companies, as when requested they hand out data from russia to the US government.. So Microsoft and Google and such.

8 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

Well that was faster than I thought they could develop a os... Thanks

Well.. I may be wrong about the OS... sorry.

I read it wrong. They developed their own CPU Baikal for servers and company BaseALT made special Linux distro to work with it.

Edit:

Their PC lineup is called Tavolga.

2 minutes ago, pmos said:

What I just read is russia might get rid of american companies, as when requested they hand out data from russia to the US government.. So Microsoft and Google and such.

Yeah that was about what I heard, only Microsoft said they wouldn't, and they didn't believe microsoft

In a way russia does have a point, but they surely also abuse it... Getting American companies less influence on the internet, so the US gov doesn't get access to as much data outside of the US is a VERY good idea... But then its russia, they will also use it in their own favour against their people.

Oh and for russian companies and average people, banning windows in the entire country (not just gov) would mean a massive upgrade from Windows 98 and XP, that are easily hacked, to a backdoored Linux Distro where only the gov has access instead of all... At least their software would be upgraded :P

It should be interesting to see their finished product as their equipment around here is... well...different... (3 seats to operate a machine that only requires 1)

Forget all that. Red Star OS is the OS you want.

It is the OS of choice by the great leader of North Korea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_OS

He claims that it is.. sorry... IT IS is the best OS ever created. It also includes, without a doubt, the best web browser ever created: Naenara

Your privacy is always ensured with the great leader. :P

Hmm... I thought they were stuck in the 50s technology wise...

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It is the OS of choice by the great leader of North Korea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_OS

He claims that it is.. sorry... IT IS is the best OS ever created. It also includes, without a doubt, the best web browser ever created: Naenara

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I'm surprised Apple hasn't sued them yet. Oh yea, they won't get much cash out of them.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm surprised Apple hasn't sued them yet. Oh yea, they won't get much cash out of them.

It does look quite a bit like apple...New Conspiracy theory!(Joke)