OVERCLOOKNG I7 7700K @ 4800MHz

i m not good at overclocking but trying to learn.

i just want to know is this a good chart......... 4800mhz in 1.28V......

8w8jea.png

Just now, Fonzie92 said:

Temps?

44c on air cooling.........>>>>

Just now, Rulzz said:

44c on air cooling.........>>>>

Wait, is that under load?

Just now, Fonzie92 said:

Wait, is that under load?

it was 89c..........>>

Just now, Rulzz said:

it was 89c..........>>

Aww I was going to say, holy shit! lol

Good OC, little bit too hot tho i'd be careful over 80c personally :P

Pretty normal for a 7700K.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

what air cooler? 

thermaltake frio extreme............>>>>

4824_26_thermaltake_frio_extreme_cpu_cooler_review.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Aww I was going to say, holy shit! lol

Good OC, little bit too hot tho i'd be careful over 80c personally :P

do i need a liquid cooler......>>> wht u say....??.....>>>> or i can keep it like this............>>>>

Just now, Rulzz said:

do i need a liquid cooler......>>> wht u say....??.....>>>> or i can keep it like this............>>>>

No you dont need a liquid cooler but 89c is a temperature 99% of people would prefer to avoid if at all possible. See if you can't do 4.8ghz with less voltage. If you can't, back off to the lowest voltage 4.7ghz is stable at and call it a day. The hell do you need that much CPU for anyways?

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

No you dont need a liquid cooler but 89c is a temperature 99% of people would prefer to avoid if at all possible. See if you can't do 4.8ghz with less voltage. If you can't, back off to the lowest voltage 4.7ghz is stable at and call it a day. The hell do you need that much CPU for anyways?

actually i dont need 4.8 but i was thnking like it would be good if i can keep it like this...........>>>> our of curiosity........>>>>

i do 3d render tho, higher clock speed makes thing faster and smoother for me......>>>

Just now, Rulzz said:

actually i dont need 4.8 but i was thnking like it would be good if i can keep it like this...........>>>> our of curiosity........>>>>

i do 3d render tho, higher clock speed makes thing faster and smoother for me......>>>

Well considering it will be under workloads of that sort I'd say stability/reliability>100mhz higher core clock

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

8 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Well considering it will be under workloads of that sort I'd say stability/reliability>100mhz higher core clock

now this one 78c.....1.23V..........>>>

1k08yj.png

28 minutes ago, Rulzz said:

now this one 78c.....1.23V..........>>>

1k08yj.png

79c is totally acceptable for a stress test max temp. If you're sure it's stable i'd say its time to let that 7700k run all over any program you throw at it

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

79c is totally acceptable for a stress test max temp. If you're sure it's stable i'd say its time to let that 7700k run all over any program you throw at it

how to know its stable i mean what should i observe.......???...........>>>>>

8 minutes ago, Rulzz said:

how to know its stable i mean what should i observe.......???...........>>>>>

if you can run aida64 stress test for an hour with no bluescreen then its stable imo

On 4/12/2017 at 9:32 AM, Vegetable said:

if you can run aida64 stress test for an hour with no bluescreen then its stable imo

how to add those information with my comments......???........>>>>

werweeee.png

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Vegetable said:

I would recommend Realbench as I was able to run Aida64 for two hours stable but would die with Realbench and Prime95 (26.6).

I would recommend OCCT but I don't trust it as it's far too brutal, but needless to say, I found my stable clock a lot quicker with it as the clocks that passed Aida64 failed in OCCT in less than a couple of seconds.

Realbench will test AVX which is more demanding than normal instructions.

Should AVX no cope well with high clocks, there's always the option to use the negative AVX offset.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)