Keyboard with "standalone" keys

Hey there!

I was looking for a new keyboard, obviously a mechanical one ;D, and ran into the K-series of Corsair. I need to admit that I like the way the keys aren't embedded in the frame but rather "standalone". But on the other hand Corsairs keyboards are damn expensive, so do you know any other good mechanical keyboards with such a look? And have you made any experience with them (good or bad)? Also I would prefer red switches because I am not a big write but more a gamer.

Note: Also the Asus ROG Claymore would be a dream...but not more than dream (I mean how can they charge 250€ for just a keyboard???) 

You can look at the Corsair Refurbished page that has k70s as low as $100 but they are still expensive. When I got mine from them it was only $70.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/certified-refurb?c=keyboards

It doesn't quite fit the look but you could get the Logitech G something for $80

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g610-orion-red-keyboard

33 minutes ago, OCXenox said:

Hey there!

I was looking for a new keyboard, obviously a mechanical one ;D, and ran into the K-series of Corsair. I need to admit that I like the way the keys aren't embedded in the frame but rather "standalone". But on the other hand Corsairs keyboards are damn expensive, so do you know any other good mechanical keyboards with such a look? And have you made any experience with them (good or bad)? Also I would prefer red switches because I am not a big write but more a gamer.

Note: Also the Asus ROG Claymore would be a dream...but not more than dream (I mean how can they charge 250€ for just a keyboard???) 

Well, I generally refer to them as freestanding or non shrouded keyboards, and I bloody hate them personally, but to each their own, having used one a little, yeah they're nice, but I'll stick with my Razer BlackWidow for a while longer.

On the subject of ROG, the claymore is their best keyboard, and they best motherboards sell for over $400 (I personally have the ROG Maximus VIII Formula and I love it) shame I also hate the Claymore, I'm holding out for a better replacement in the next few years

Yours faithfully