R5 1600 vs R5 1600x

$30 for the difference?

I have a cryorig h7 so I should be able to oc past the turbo on both chips, should I save my money???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RC4KQV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save your money and spent it on better ram, if you don't have that already.

In the end it's all about the silicon lottery :P If you are prepared to OC then keep your money and enjoy the OC session.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yee, get a 1600, especially with a nice cooler like that.  Get those mounting brackets en route ASAP

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Yee, get a 1600, especially with a nice cooler like that.  Get those mounting brackets en route ASAP

yes, gotta, but if i order a 1600 i can use stock while i wait, so perfect solution

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RC4KQV

Just now, ethandeguire said:

yes, gotta, but if i order a 1600 i can use stock while i wait, so perfect solution

Really impressed with the stock cooling on Ryzen CPU's you'll be golden on short term

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

AMD claims the x chips should overclock better, so far no good evidence to that end but that might change with matured drivers by the end of the year. 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W