What should be a recommended cooler for 6700k?

SKinChangerGD
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 minute ago, SKinChangerGD said:

i want to lower my idle and load temps. *My highest temp is at 89*C*

Noctua NH-D15 or custom loop

Noctua NH-D15 or custom loop

What is your current cooler and what temps / OC you are aiming for?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Noctua is a good brand, but aesthetically they're just horrible.  They literally remind me of diarrhea.  I don't know why they chose those colors.  I've got a Cryorig R1 Ultimate and it's doing a pretty great job, plus it looks a lot better.  That being said, if you don't have a windowed case or like the color, it's a toss up.

I don't suggest getting an AIO cooler.  They don't do anything more for your temperatures after about an hour (the water just takes longer to heat up than copper/aluminum) and they're LOUD because the radiator isn't muffled at all by the case.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2017 at 7:00 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

What is your current cooler and what temps / OC you are aiming for?

CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (CM RR-212X-20PM-R1)

well about less than 40 C idle and about 60 C load

What cpu are we even talking about here?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

What cpu are we even talking about here?

89C is really high for the cooler. Is that under full stress load and stock settings? 60C on load means that you are aiming for dual tower or 240mm AIO. You can, with some good luck, get that with 140mm single tower like Dark Rock 3 or U14S.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have the 6700k running a 212 LED , OC @ 4.5 and Idle temps are around 38 and RealBench and Aida gets up to 87-89 and gaming around 65-70 max  , that's why i am building a Custom loop. Was thinking about change the Air cooler but don't want to spend 100$ on a air cooler to have a good one.

I7-6700K@4.3@1.180V - Asus Strix Z270E - 16GB Geil RGB DDR4 3000Mhz - Asus Strix 1070 8GB - Cryorig H7 - 120GB SSD INTEL - 1TB WD Blue - Corsair 650W

1 minute ago, B-RaZ said:

I have the 6700k running a 212 LED , OC @ 4.5 and Idle temps are around 38 and RealBench and Aida gets up to 87-89 and gaming around 65-70 max  , that's why i am building a Custom loop. Was thinking about change the Air cooler but don't want to spend 100$ on a air cooler to have a good one.

Custom loops aren't cheap, and they require maintenance.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Custom loops aren't cheap, and they require maintenance.

I know and don't have a issue with it :D

In the mean time i just crank the OC down a bit until i finish buying all my parts.

Unless you doing some heavy video editing or are just going for benchmark scores , there's not much different in gaming at 4 - 4.2 or even 4.5 only a couple FPS difference..

I7-6700K@4.3@1.180V - Asus Strix Z270E - 16GB Geil RGB DDR4 3000Mhz - Asus Strix 1070 8GB - Cryorig H7 - 120GB SSD INTEL - 1TB WD Blue - Corsair 650W

18 hours ago, SKinChangerGD said:

Are you shooting for 60c at load? If so, why such low temps? That's unrealistically low without a large AIO or custom loop if you want a respectable oc.

What's your clock speed and voltage currently set to?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.