Looking for a good CPU block, which one is best?

Hey all,

I'm looking to change out my Swiftech Apogee XL CPU waterblock.  Listed below is my system specs.  My concerns are compatibility with my motherboard/cpu as well as mixing metals.  So here is what I got.

Rampage Extreme V Edition 10 MB

5930K CPU

Alpha Cool Full copper Rads

Swiftech Apogee XL copper CPU heatsink

EK-FB GPU waterblock for my 1080ti.

When I ordered the EK waterblock for my 1080ti, i was told the nickel-plated copper shouldn't be an issue with my copper radiators.  So I'm now looking for a new CPU block.  I have seen things like the EK Supremacy EVO, Elite and MX.  There are the Heatkillers and the Aquacomputer Kryos as well.

My issue is some of them I have seen you need a special back plate or have some convoluted application system.  I'm looking for something simple that I put some paste on, line it up and screw it in.  I am also looking for something that will look good in my system. So do I have to do full copper or is nickel plated fine. I'm assuming I shouldn't go full nickel for the cross metal issues.  I've looked around EK and am just confused by the ELITE installation.  The Kryos seem super expensive which is fine if it is better.

So overall two questions:

1. Which block is best? EK, Heatkillers, Kryos?

2. Do I have to go with full copper or is nickel plated fine? I'm assuming a big no to full nickel.

Right now I'm leaning to just the Supremacy EVO, but I figured I'd ask around. :)  Thanks!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

most all of the CPU waterblocks are within a margin of error when tested from years ago, till now. no real breakthroughs on block technology to enhance the transfer of heat into the coolant. you'd mainly look to aesthetics and cost. what can you afford and does it look good for your build needs.

38 minutes ago, airdeano said:

most all of the CPU waterblocks are within a margin of error when tested from years ago, till now. no real breakthroughs on block technology to enhance the transfer of heat into the coolant. you'd mainly look to aesthetics and cost. what can you afford and does it look good for your build needs.

Thanks.  That is what I was thinking  So go with the copper or the nickel plated then and not full nickel?

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i