High end gaming rig $2000+/-

Itayush
Just now, Ethan Meskin said:

the monitor is actually gsync if you look, and noctuas website says it is confirmed compatible.

Idk about raid but ill change the psu

sounds good all around then, noice.

1 minute ago, Itayush said:

This is really difficult to decide.. I am honestly a bit scared to go for Ryzen, since I have seen more than enough issues with it (especially with RAM - jayztwocents videos), even tho with the latest bios updates they seem to get things under control...
I built this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxNQYr
But it's way over my budget, no even talking about shipping costs..
I'll probably go for i7 7700k/ryzen 1700x, 750Watts (I'll see which quality one has a sale) and the rest are not a big concern(Aside from GPU/Monitor).
I think that my main concerns here atm, are the GPU and Monitor.
1070/1080?
G-sync or not? How much will I "suffer" for not going with G-sync? Will 1070 be enough if I skip on G-sync?
Thanks a lot for all your help guys, I really appreciate it!

you won't "suffer" without G-sync, it's one of those things that you don't notice having unless you have it and it gets taken away.

it's just a great thing to have.

I'd go 1080 as it gives you more headroom

the monitor mentioned above is a good cheaper alternative for a 1440p 144hz+ G-sync monitor (mouth full)

and you can remove the price of the case (cus you have it) and get a noctua instead of a H100i to save a few bucks

I might add that with all the updates done now ryzen works fine now, it just tends to like faster ram speeds now

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

get a EVGA SuperNova G2 650W instead of the RMx. its cheaper and for any overclocking you will need the extra power

A 550W is enough for a single gpu setup. 

12 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A 550W is enough for a single gpu setup. 

yah but not if you start overclocking GPU and CPU, thats going to be on the edge of that, also the G2 650W is chaper by about $30

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah but not if you start overclocking GPU and CPU, thats going to be on the edge of that, also the G2 650W is chaper by about $30

The EVGA G2 550W is cheaper than the 650W by about $9. Not a huge difference if the op wants to go with the 650w but it isn't needed.

Link below shows a stock cpu R7 1700X with a GTX 1080 pulling 261W when gaming. You are not going to double the power consumption by overclocking.

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-1700x-and-1700-processor-review_191753/12

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wj4nr7

check mobo when u buy 

has 1070 not 1080 gpu as i added a 1440p 144hz monitor in the $2000 price tag need to pick a case not in the list a 1070 will power a 1440p monitor well run high not ultra in aaa games and defo hit 144fps (ie bf1)

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

47 minutes ago, CatXice said:

check mobo when u buy 

has 1070 not 1080 gpu as i added a 1440p 144hz monitor in the $2000 price tag need to pick a case not in the list a 1070 will power a 1440p monitor well run high not ultra in aaa games and defo hit 144fps (ie bf1)

That is really bad value for money. Why would you go with an X99 build when you can get an 8 core Ryzen cpu for way less ?

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

That is really bad value for money. Why would you go with an X99 build when you can get an 8 core Ryzen cpu for way less ?

coz the ryzen 8 cores anit doing well atm in games give it 3 months and it would be a ryzen build

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

1 minute ago, CatXice said:

coz the ryzen 8 cores anit doing well atm in games give it 3 months and it would be a ryzen build

It is doing fine in gaming. That build is poor value whatever way you look at it.

Just now, lee32uk said:

It is doing fine in gaming. That build is poor value whatever way you look at it.

yes but in the same way a mac is but you have to admit they just work and rarely fuck up same thing here ryzen vaule is better ye but theres a lot of things wrong atm personally i would hold off for a couple months till ryzen gets its shit together but how long will that take??

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

yes but in the same way a mac is but you have to admit they just work and rarely fuck up same thing here ryzen vaule is better ye but theres a lot of things wrong atm personally i would hold off for a couple months till ryzen gets its shit together but how long will that take??

Where are you getting this incorrect info from ? Ryzen has already had some updates which have improved gaming performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.98 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($119.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($93.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.77 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($374.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.79 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: AOC AG271QG 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($619.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1926.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-08 18:03 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, CatXice said:

check mobo when u buy 

Also you have a Freesync monitor in there with an Nvidia gpu. 

11 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Also you have a Freesync monitor in there with an Nvidia gpu. 

u dont pay more for freesync is free to add to a monitor 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

35 minutes ago, CatXice said:

u dont pay more for freesync is free to add to a monitor 

What ? You need an AMD gpu to make full use of that Monitor. Putting an Nvidia gpu with it makes little sense.

23 hours ago, lee32uk said:

What ? You need an AMD gpu to make full use of that Monitor. Putting an Nvidia gpu with it makes little sense.

not really as freesnyc is free anythin with a DP has freesync coz its FUCKING FREE a

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

2 hours ago, CatXice said:

not really as freesnyc is free anythin with a DP has freesync coz its FUCKING FREE a

If you are going to shout at people at least get your facts in order first, otherwise it makes you look foolish.

See the bit in BOLD below ?

VESA Adaptive Sync:
Optional standard as part of DP 1.2a and beyond, allows the GPU and monitor to synchronize refresh rate to remove tearing and reduce stuttering. Nvidia's version of this is called GSYNC. GSYNC requires specific hardware in the monitor whereas VESA Adaptive Sync is free. VESA Adaptive Sync will be supported by Intel beginning with the 7x series iGPU. VESA Adaptive Sync is also used by Nvidia (Gsync Mobility) on some notebooks but not enabled on desktop GPUs for competitive reasons (they don't want to seem to support this standard and cannibalize sales of GSYNC monitors).