How to make money in this

sperkowsky

So im a computer enthusiast like almost all of you guys.

Ive made money in the past fixing a fee friends computers and moding console controllers but thats it.

I want to make money building and fixing computers but im not old enough (14) to work at any local computer repair shops.

Usually 14 year olds would be fine people would trust them but the problem is i look maybe 11. Im very short (only 4'10) so no one takes me seriously.

So how should i go about this. Should i put flyers on porches knock on people doors ect.

Any help from your experience with things like this.

Work at a petting farm or some job that has 14 as the minimum age, I know the U.S or at least Kansas you can work at 14 in some jobs

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Do you look serious, do you behave seriously? If you show people that you are serious and mean business, knocking on people's doors like you said for example, then that could be a start.

Ive made money in the past fixing a fee friends computers and moding console controllers but thats it.

I want to make money building and fixing computers but im not old enough (14) to work at any local computer repair shops.

Usually 14 year olds would be fine people would trust them but the problem is i look maybe 11. Im very short (only 4'10) so no one takes me seriously.

So how should i go about this. Should i put flyers on porches knock on people doors ect.

doing something you love as a job is the quickest way to hate it

Your best bet would probably be to set up fliers like lanoi suggested. ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Are you in High School?

If so, do you have a career center?

If yes, or no, talk to the people in the office and see if they have a work experience program you can join. If so, they can more than likely help you apply for local computer shops.

Yeah, you're 14, but you can go through your school and that will allow you to get a job for part time. If not, you'll probably have to wait till 16 minimum.

im in nyc lol no petting farms here

ah well if you know a little about sports you can be a referee for i know soccer but im not sure about the others

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Start youtube. Show them your expertise. Someone out there will love ya... 

Are you in High School?

If so, do you have a career center?

If yes, or no, talk to the people in the office and see if they have a work experience program you can join. If so, they can more than likely help you apply for local computer shops.

Yeah, you're 14, but you can go through your school and that will allow you to get a job for part time. If not, you'll probably have to wait till 16 minimum.

i went to the local computer shops and they said they would e happy to hire me in a few years just not now.

Craigslist would be a good bet, if you put up an ad in your craigslist area (People usually go on craigslist to look for cheap repair shops)

I've recently found a user in my area fixing Xbox 360 red rings for $25, PS3 yellow lights for $40 and PC's for $50 - $75 depending on what the problem is. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Do you look serious, do you behave seriously? If you show people that you are serious and mean business, knocking on people's doors like you said for example, then that could be a start.

hmm ideas ideas maybe i could design a shirt with a name of company logo ect. If this could get off the ground i have a friend whos also a big computer guy who may want to be in on it

tried that used to coach gymnastics but the gym i worked for shut down

oh well :( look at some job lists and see maybe you can work for a retail store or maybe even a Tech Store as like a cleanup boy or an organizer.

Hope I could help!

hmm ill call the local microcenter about that

yea its worth a try!

Hope I could help!

Offer a PC repair service around your school :)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

well i want to find out if being in the computer feild is right for me before pursuing it in college

theres no computer building class in college, software is the future but I'm sure your like me and like working with your hands.  Understanding computer hardware can help fosure but not too many professional careers care about that, you could be the next linus... you got the height.

1. Door to door

If you live in the U.S. do not go door to door! You will just have people calling the police. Fliers are best.

2. Selling

I do not suggest trying to build strangers' computers. Can you afford to replace broken parts? Do you have the transportation/funds to travel to someone's house to fix their PC issues?

3. Repairs

You could fix peoples computers but where do you plan on doing the repairs? Do you have the transportation to go to their homes? Gas costs. If you plan for them to come to your house then it would be illegal. You will need to do everything under the table. Best if you repair other kids'

4. My suggestion

Get a job working for somewhere. I do not suggest trying to run your own business until you are older and can afford it.

theres no computer building class in college, software is the future but I'm sure your like me and like working with your hands. Understanding computer hardware can help fosure but not too many professional careers care about that, you could be the next linus... you got the height.

actually i want to be a computer hardware engineer which is an actual carear (obviously not as common) as in working designing parts ect (stanford ucla, and michigan all offer that all of which are gymnastics colleges(what im using to hopefully get me a scholarship

1. Door to door

If you live in the U.S. do not go door to door! You will just have people calling the police. Fliers are best.

2. Selling

I do not suggest trying to build strangers' computers. Can you afford to replace broken parts? Do you have the transportation/funds to travel to someone's house to fix their PC issues?

3. Repairs

You could fix peoples computers but where do you plan on doing the repairs? Do you have the transportation to go to their homes? Gas costs. If you plan for them to come to your house then it would be illegal. You will need to do everything under the table. Best if you repair other kids'

4. My suggestion

Get a job working for somewhere. I do not suggest trying to run your own business until you are older and can afford it.

i live in a very populated area so finding work within a few miles isnt an issue at all. But yeah it could be difficult im going to think a lot about it. O and yeah i do have money to replace parts if i mess up.

i live in a very populated area so finding work within a few miles isnt an issue at all. But yeah it could be difficult im going to think a lot about it. O and yeah i do have money to replace parts if i mess up.

Not just if you mess up. The more customers the more money you will need.

Not just if you mess up. The more customers the more money you will need.

just thought about this and i live in a decently whealthy area filled with lots of old people. I could do computer classes over the phone in house or over skype