G-Sync experience? Is it good?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you?

I am wondering about the difference between a 144hz monitor with g-sync and without.

There is a big price difference for the added G-Sync module.

Does G-Sync bring a noticiable different experience to gameplay?

For those of you with g-sync. What is your feedback and do you recommend spending the extra to get it?

Cheers!

G sync is kind of like vsync except it has close to no fps drops and completely removes screen tearing 

Yes, it is really good. My first impressions were not so overwhelming to recommend it for the extra cost over Free-Sync and I still think that the extra $150-$200 is pushing it a lot. But, if you can afford it, you won't be disappointed. I can't imagine not having any adaptive sync anymore.

It is really, really good experience and it has one advantage over Free-Sync, you don't have to cap your FPS or use V-Sync in case you get more FPS than what is your monitor max refresh rate. In these scenarios both G-sync and Free-sync won't work and you get tearing.

However, if you have Maxwell or Pascal card (with no SLI), you can use both G-Sync and Fast-sync at the same time and you won't get tearing at any FPS ever.

If you can afford it, there really is no downside. Well, maybe except being tied down to either nVIDIA.

If you are going for a premium monitors, you better get your GPU matching fps sync tech built-in monitor.

Jump to 11:30

There is a downside.  It adds a little bit of input lag.  For mere mortals like myself, a few extra ms isn't noticeable, but if you're a CS:GO player then you may care about it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

-snip-

If that minuscule addition of input lag will affect one's performance, one should just sign up for e-sports and start owning those Scandinavian teenagers in CS:GO and pwn Korean teenagers in Overwatch.