Keyboard for my mum

Hey there,

I am planning to give my mum a 'proper' keyboard for her daily work, preferably a mechanical ones. She usually works on making reports, numbers, and replying email is her daily to-dos. I am thinking of Cherry MX switches, mainly Red or Brown, but I can't find the best one in the market.

Is there any keyboard that matches the needs? And also, it should be portable too, cause she travels A LOT.

Your opinions and recommendations are really appreciated!

K65 has brown version. Reds are more for gaming. I personally have btowns though the keyboard I have would not be recommended as it is huuuuge

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

K65 has brown version. Reds are more for gaming. I personally have btowns though the keyboard I have would not be recommended as it is huuuuge

K65 is too 'gaming' and 'muscle' for my mum maybe... I prefer 'compact' and 'portable' rather than 'flashy' though...

But thanks for your opinions!

4 minutes ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

K65 is too 'gaming' and 'muscle' for my mum maybe... I prefer 'compact' and 'portable' rather than 'flashy' though...

But thanks for your opinions!

k65 RGB is flashy and shit, the k65 standard is brushed aluminium and looks top-notch 

idk

g610 brown legend keyboard

also fits in an alienware vindicator 14 bag which aint that big

If you want simple, look at Das keyboard, CM storm also looks pretty simple, maybe the pok3r keyboard as well.

Edit: I'd recommend you let your mom try mechanical switches, as when I started looking at them I wanted browns, but found out that they resembled the feel of a worn down rubberdome keyboard imo, and much preferred the red switches both for typing and gaming. Also you might consider buying O-rings for her as well, as the the typing from these keyboards can drive a lot of people insane.

2 hours ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

-snip-

Ducky One TKL version?

As for switch type, I really recommend going to a store and letting her try the different types. It's a personal preference thing for sure. For example, I can type fine on my silver switches despite a lot of people saying it's terrible for normal typing (What I mostly do as a content creator).

On 4/5/2017 at 3:30 PM, Sack said:

If you want simple, look at Das keyboard, CM storm also looks pretty simple, maybe the pok3r keyboard as well.

Edit: I'd recommend you let your mom try mechanical switches, as when I started looking at them I wanted browns, but found out that they resembled the feel of a worn down rubberdome keyboard imo, and much preferred the red switches both for typing and gaming. Also you might consider buying O-rings for her as well, as the the typing from these keyboards can drive a lot of people insane.

does the o-ring give a big impact in typing? Thought it was only for a 'silencer' for the board..

On 4/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, scottyseng said:

Ducky One TKL version?

As for switch type, I really recommend going to a store and letting her try the different types. It's a personal preference thing for sure. For example, I can type fine on my silver switches despite a lot of people saying it's terrible for normal typing (What I mostly do as a content creator).

I see.

But this keyboard catches my attention too. I recently looking at the RGB version (since there is no 1 solid LED color) with the white housing.

1 hour ago, EchoeeqCreeper said:

-snip-

Yeah, I'm not sure if there are any solid one color options for the Ducky One TKL that has a white housing...It looks very nice though. Though the price is kind of steep, seeing it at $139.99 for the white RGB version.

I personally just got a Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition (Silver switch) @ $159.99 a few weeks ago and I can say while it was very expensive, it was worth it. My old membrane feels like a taco now compared to it. haha. RGB is very bright as well.

Use brown switches and take a look at the cooler master quick fire there is a non-numberpad version.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!