Any other country with terrible AMD 7xxx prices?

WereCat

Hi, I am just wondering if there are other countries where 7xxx were still not discounted.

Right now I was able to find cheapest R9 280x in my country for 235 € but the cheapest 7970 I was able to find is 303 €. Heck I even found shops where they sell them for 450 €. I was hoping that prices will go down after R7 and R9 series came out but it looks like that this will take quite some time. I am worried that when 7xxx will go down with price then it wont be much relevant.

Few of my friends now want to buy GPUs on a budget and one want something as powerful as 7970 but I just keep telling them to wait hoping prices will go down. If they wont discount this until end of the year then I probably tell them to get something from new series. It just doesent make sense to me that they are keeping older cards so much more expensive.

just buy the 280x, its the same as the 7970, every part of it is the same.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Norway is the same.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

only buy hardware at major (online) retailers, germany prefferably. 

I envy people that can buy from amazon, newegg, ... etc after i saw those discounts on 7xxx series :( .

And thanks for replies guys.. makes me go less mad when I see we are not the only one :) .

so 7970 is more expensive than 280X, just get a 280x? it's pretty much the same thing

just buy the 280x, its the same as the 7970, every part of it is the same.

Cept the price....

Boom-tish

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

in new zealand, r9 280x (sapphire toxic) is $536.23 and 7970 is $628

these are the most expensive i found

the cheapest are]

r9 280x - $478.39

7970 - $499.95

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Here in Latvia amd cards are very expensive too. Nvidia ones are decent priced, but amd is too damn high.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Hmm interesting. Looks like a lot of countries got this problem. Now I wonder why it is like that.

Do retailers want to make fools out of customers that dont know any better because a lot of them would think that bigger number is better or it is just not worth for them to sell it for less because they would be selling at loss? But even if they would be selling at loss I think it is much more worth for them than keeping it in stock until it gets obsolete.

Dude, two etailers in Norway has the got-damn-560Ti for sale at $300 still. THREE HUNDRED. Dollas!

Etailers would rather let shit rot if they overstock and "burn in" with the product than to lower the price to where it should be and sell it. I guess the idiots who run the damn things think they're going to trick some pedestrian into buying one if they just apply enough time and patience.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Dude, two etailers in Norway has the got-damn-560Ti for sale at $300 still. THREE HUNDRED. Dollas!

Etailers would rather let shit rot if they overstock and "burn in" with the product than to lower the price to where it should be and sell it. I guess the idiots who run the damn things think they're going to trick some pedestrian into buying one if they just apply enough time and patience.

Haha, that is brutal. I found one retailer selling used one for 180 €.

EDIT: never mind.. 180€ for used 560ti is reasonable price compared to this used 460 for 150€ (they say it is unpacked but I highly doubt that it is not used http://www.alza.sk/msi-n460gtx-m2d1gd5-oc-d466052.htm )

Hmm interesting. Looks like a lot of countries got this problem. Now I wonder why it is like that.

Do retailers want to make fools out of customers that dont know any better because a lot of them would think that bigger number is better or it is just not worth for them to sell it for less because they would be selling at loss? But even if they would be selling at loss I think it is much more worth for them than keeping it in stock until it gets obsolete.

It's always like that in Finland at least, stupidly high import taxes and VAT

Ha! if you were to try to buy a 7970 here in Mexico you'd be paying approximately $521, I always buy GPUs from AmazonGlobal, prices here are ridiculous.

People who handle the stock are very good at making sure they sell exactly what they want in a certain way so they aren't left with a bunch of one item and not another. 

They waver prices to make sure certain things get sold more.

Haha, that is brutal. I found one retailer selling used one for 180 €.

EDIT: never mind.. 180€ for used 560ti is reasonable price compared to this used 460 for 150€ (they say it is unpacked but I highly doubt that it is not used http://www.alza.sk/msi-n460gtx-m2d1gd5-oc-d466052.htm )

Consider that the 7850 outperforms the 560 Ti. The 560 Ti should really be ~120 euros. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 560 Ti should really be ~120 euros. 

Except that on the most popular site in Norway for used sales, there are always like twelve 560Tis at any given time for between €60 and €85, so regardless of what an etailer is willing to sell them for it's always going to be too much. Thus, they rot.

Except that on the most popular site in Norway for used sales, there are always like twelve 560Tis at any given time for between €60 and €85, so regardless of what an etailer is willing to sell them for it's always going to be too much. Thus, they rot.

They're not there to sell at that price. It's to juxtapose with the other prices.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's always like that in Finland at least, stupidly high import taxes and VAT

This is why a friend of mine buys all his GPUs through me. He lives in Finland and bought recently a GTX780 SC ACX from EVGA for 400 Euros brand new.

I would call this a fair price.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

This is why a friend of mine buys all his GPUs through me. He lives in Finland and bought recently a GTX780 SC ACX from EVGA for 400 Euros brand new.

I would call this a fair price.

I buy everything from Germany or England without taxes.. so atm I could get a brand new 780 for around 350€

I buy everything from Germany or England without taxes.. so atm I could get a brand new 780 for around 350€

Yeah true that's indeed a good price! But I doubt that most of the ppl from Finland can do that can they?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Yeah true that's indeed a good price! But I doubt that most of the ppl from Finland can do that can they?

Nah, they can't