Looking for a new school Laptop

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a new laptop to use at school, my previous Asus TP300LA died, I am not sure why but the motherboard isn't getting power, despite the act there is power going in.

The requirements are:

• Light Weight - Preferably maximum 1.5kg
  • Between 11 and 14 inch
  • At least 6 hours battery
  • It would be nice to have an SSD but I can purchase one separately if I need to
  • Generally nice to use

I'm hoping not to spend more than £500, I don't mind where it comes from, provided they are reliable and it is new.

Any help would be nice,

Thanks

Are chromebooks a consideration?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Just now, liamdoyle27 said:

Are chromebooks a consideration?

I would really rather not, I want windows preferably, I have been given a chrome book by the school but it is awful

Just now, TurtleTrain said:

I would really rather not, I want windows preferably, I have been given a chrome book by the school but it is awful

awful in what sense, that its slow, or the fact you cant install windows things on it

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

because most of them are getting support for Android apps now

Bow down to me humans.

Just now, liamdoyle27 said:

awful in what sense, that its slow, or the fact you cant install windows things on it

The restrictions are very annoying, not to mention, despite the fact that it is fast, I can't use it for things like word documents which are much better for me as hte formatting system of google docs and online word is annoying

OK, well as a budget friendly option, I would go with the HP Stream 14 if you just want a laptop. However i  would go for the Dell Inspiron 15 3000, i3, 1tb hdd, 4GB of ram for £319

Bow down to me humans.

1 minute ago, liamdoyle27 said:

OK, well as a budget friendly option, I would go with the HP Stream 14 if you just want a laptop.

Thanks, looks good, however I am looking for something with a bit more power, not to mention that is less than half of my budget so I can spend more

2 minutes ago, TurtleTrain said:

Thanks, looks good, however I am looking for something with a bit more power, not to mention that is less than half of my budget so I can spend more

4 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

i  would go for the Dell Inspiron 15 3000, i3, 1tb hdd, 4GB of ram for £319

Bow down to me humans.

Not sure how much the are for you, but I'd look at the Asus Zenbook and Dell XPS 13 with the Kaby i5s. They get solid battery life. I've also had great luck with Samsung Series 9 (or whatever they're called now) ultrabooks.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red