No posting, no fans spinning, but motherboard lights up

Penguinone168

I was playing cs:go yesterday morning, then my computer turns off out of nowhere. The lights on the motherboard were flashing whenever I turn on the power supply. None of the fans spin. I tried reconnecting all of the cords, reseating the cpu, heatsink, and ram. Still not posting or getting any beep codes. The only thing I was able to change was the power supply, when I did the flashing mob lights stayed solid. I took everything out of the case to see if that was shorting something, but the problems persisted. Here's what I have,

Asus h170 pro gaming

I5 6600

Cooler Master Hyper 212 

GTX 1070 

EVGA 500w (now Corsair CX 750 M)

Ballistix sport 16 gb (2x8gb)

the power button is probably not hooked up correctly.

Try to turn it on by shorting the PWR+ and PWR- pins on the motherboard.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Thanks, but I already took it out and tried doing that and nothing still happened.

first time I have ever heared "beep codes" LOL. it's "post codes" I believe

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

31 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

that is definitely what it sounds like to me as well...hmmm

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

29 minutes ago, Penguinone168 said:

Thanks, but I already took it out and tried doing that and nothing still happened.

make sure the CPU EPS power is connected.

try shorting out the pins for 5 seconds. sometimes it takes a sec for it to turn on.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

dosen't sound like a power button issue, i had the same problem with my pc except it would turn on, 3 minutes later it turned off for me it was a problem with not pushing in the 24 power pin connecter like all the way in, besides that i had another problem like this when i got my new 960 and i just rebuilt it and it was fine

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

make sure the CPU EPS power is connected.

try shorting out the pins for 5 seconds. sometimes it takes a sec for it to turn on.

I shorted the pins for about 30 seconds with nothing happening.