Broken PlayStation 4 Systems.. News Update (Overheating problems beginning to pop up)

Gunzkewl

Though the PlayStation 4 won't be released in North America until Friday, some users who have obtained early access to the systems are reporting broken displays. An IGN retail PS4 stopped outputting through the HDMI after the user began downloading Netflix. Kotaku's first retail system also reportedly had a faulty HDMI jack that would not output a signal. Two other users on NeoGAF, who obtained early access to their consoles via a Taco Bell promotion, also reported similar problems with HDMI outputs. Based on reports from at least one user, Sony has been responsive to warranty claims and is shipping a replacement unit. As is the case for all PlayStation hardware, the PS4 is covered by warranty for twelve months.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Update

As the PlayStation 4 begins getting into the hands of the masses, we're seeing more and more evidence of PS4 systems suffering from a similar RLoD issue. The first comes from NeoGAF member inner-G who posted a YouTube video of his problem.

The rumor initially stemmed from an image showing the PS4 in an unventilated plastic case and displaying a red LED light. The red light is believed to be a system response to overheating and once the system cools down its supposed to go back to blue. I'm not so sure that's happening with some users.

Source:http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11/15/new-claims-of-ps4-s-red-line-of-death-beginning-to-pop-up

That's why you should always wait a couple of months

yay! waiting for a replacement!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Xbox RROD deja vu anyone?

HDMitis

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

HDMitis

Gotta wrap it it up before going in...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Gotta wrap it it up before going in...

Scrub it, then plug it.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Woo just fuel the fire for xbxo one being way better

post-29406-0-64292700-1384401241.jpg

I.... I honestly don't know. Hopefully you're being sarcastic and I'm not realizing it. The Xbox One hasn't even been released yet, how would you know if it has any problems? 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I.... I honestly don't know. Hopefully you're being sarcastic and I'm not realizing it. The Xbox One hasn't even been released yet, how would you know if it has any problems? 

By the same rationale, the PS4 hasn't been released...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

I will have nightmares with that pic...

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

only did this so you would see this post but I play paint ball to woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! penis extension 

By the same rationale, the PS4 hasn't been released...

I guess but more people probably have an early PS4 than an Xbox One.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I'm guessing they don't expect them to last long then.

I was hoping for a 3 year warranty, minimum.

Agreed, the very first Xbox 360 I've bought (when they first came out) got the red rings like a year after I owned it >_<

I had to buy a whole new Xbox console T_T

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Agreed, the very first Xbox 360 I've bought (when they first came out) got the red rings like a year after I owned it >_<

My Xbox 360 died 2 months ago, I guess I was lucky it lasted that long.

I'm talking about when they first came out >_< 

I didn't pre-order my 360 but I got it the week it came out. 

My Xbox 360 died 2 months ago, I guess I was lucky it lasted that long.

I sold my Xbox kinect bundle for like $150 (the one that didn't get the red rings) I'm planning on importing a japanese Xbox 360 (arcade) to play japanese dubbed titles. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

LOL here is a guy trying to fix it http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones#

Wow... Sony, you dun goofed. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

lol and this is why im waiting this time i knew something was going to be wrong im going to wait 6 months until i get my xbox

Wow, only a year warranty?

I'm guessing they don't expect them to last long then.

I was hoping for a 3 year warranty, minimum.

This is an industry standard... 1 year is the norm for most technology items. Computer components are an exception which I guess is why you don't like it.

This may be different in other countries but Australia has consumer protection laws which guarantee a 1 year warranty which is why everything for me is 1 year at least.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670