EVGA 1080 Classified or ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme

Rulzz

hi giz.

i m looking for the best 1080 gpu for 3D rendering....

i found these ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme  or EVGA 1080 Classified two very much top of the list but dont know wich one will be better.... and why.........>>>>>

my processor i7 7700k

mobo: Gigabyte z170 Gaming7

Corsire 16 gb 3000hz single stick RAM

PSU: 500W coolermaster 

240Gb ADATA ssd

they will be pretty much equal, go for the one that fits the look of your system the best or the chepest one. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, Rulzz said:

hi giz.

i m looking for the best 1080 gpu for 3D rendering....

i found these ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme  or EVGA 1080 Classified two very much top of the list but dont know wich one will be better.... and why.........>>>>>

my processor i7 7700k

mobo: Gigabyte z170 Gaming7

Corsire 16 gb 3000hz single stick RAM

PSU: 500W coolermaster 

240Gb ADATA ssd

You are buying Extreme GPU-s with best CPU and you have shitty PSU. Try with better PSU first then go for better GPU.

25 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

they will be pretty much equal, go for the one that fits the look of your system the best or the chepest one. 

ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme has better specs tho.. don't know about the cooling

2 minutes ago, *DeXTeR* said:

You are buying Extreme GPU-s with best CPU and you have shitty PSU. Try with better PSU first then go for better GPU.

i am on it bro............>>>> it was from my previous build.......>>>> thanks for the advice tho...........>>>>

18 minutes ago, pmos said:

ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme has better specs tho.. don't know about the cooling

first of, fix your text color because i didnt see anything seeing as im on darktheme -_- anyway both are 1080s, one is more overclocked from factory then the other. you can overclock yourself once you get it anyway. both cards are really solid picks

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

first of, fix your text color because i didnt see anything seeing as im on darktheme -_- anyway both are 1080s, one is more overclocked from factory then the other. you can overclock yourself once you get it anyway. both cards are really solid picks

I don't have administrative access to the forum, i'm typing in default. I see it however as im on dark theme now, don't know why its doing it.

Just now, pmos said:

I don't have administrative access to the forum, i'm typing in default.

NOW you are, that thing was in dark grey, not auto. you dont need some sort of elivated privlage to change the text color either

temp.png.8d2307b5f7b3e0194b93265049ecd999.png

thats what it looks like for me, just keep that in mind for the future

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sorry for that bro, i m a new member here so dont know how these writing color thing works... i mean what is making my writing unreadable :/ and how to make it readable for all...........>>>>> 

Just now, Rulzz said:

sorry for that bro, i m a new member here so dont know how these writing color thing works... i mean what is making my writing unreadable :/ and how to make it readable for all...........>>>>> 

just mark it all and select the text color as auto, or remove all formating when pasteing

Builds:

Spoiler

Fixed! changed away from Auto color and back to Auto color haha

I don't get it tho.. I don't copy/paste text, and this is the first time i touch any settings etc.. or i have copy/pasted a group of links in another topic, thats about it

I'd go classi. Always wanted to try one, power delivery should be top notch. You couldn't give me a zotac product. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz