Motherboard Manufacturers Reputation and Reliability

Go to solution Solved by Droidbot,

ASUS. AM4 is going to have long support so go for an ASUS or MSI board for best BIOS updates even after EOL

Hi comunity,

I would like to ask question about reliability of MoBo manufactures. Which manufactures have best "after-end-of-sales" support of their product?  For example SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0  from ASUS has BIOS updates almost five years after launch.

Please, which manufacturer has best support for their products? 

Best regards and thank you, Oltskul

ASUS. AM4 is going to have long support so go for an ASUS or MSI board for best BIOS updates even after EOL

idk

It has yet to be known which AM4 board will be the best in terms of reliability. And support depends on which part of the world you're living in. 

So far from what I've seen

Asrock X370(Taichi/Fatal1ty Pro) - Solid vrm for CPU, TI Nexfets. Not many issues with the bios, has problems with some high speed ram kits.

Asus X370(Prime/CH6) - Solid vrm, Ti Nexfets, Prime Pro uses similar vrm components but lesser phases than ch6. By far the most problems I've seen with bios(bricking issueson the CH6) but it seems to have stabilized. First few pages of the ch6 OC thread in ocn was filled with people being told to rma their ch6, has problems with some high speed ram kits. 

Gigabyte X370(G5/K7) - Solid vrm, PowIRstages, Not many issues with bios. Reports of TridentZ RGB killing themselves on the GB boards, has problems with some high speed ram kits.

Msi(Xpower) - OK vrm, Nikos Mosfets. So far no real issue with the bios, has problems with some high speed ram kits. The Xpower is quite controversial since msi opted for the use of subpar quality nikos mosfet(it works fine, just not as good as other high end boards) which I do really hate them for doing that since the xpower is the most costly. And comparing it to the z170/270 Xpower really make one question what the fuck msi is doing. Though the only real setback of this board is msi's questionable use of Nikos mosfets on such a premium board. If the bios is anything similar to my Old Msi G43 board, its really good. And OC'ing doesn't really seem to be much of a problem as well. I'll wait for tweaktown's review of this board. 

Biotstar GT7 - Solid VRM(Similar to GB) Bios has lots to improve, very little user experience about this board.

Haven't seen any of those board burn from overclocking.

And the rest leaves your Lower end X370 boards and B350 boards. Mostly similar in quality. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case