So I recently got myself a 360mm AIO for my CPU, and I am VERY happy with it (pics to follow).  I currently have it blowing air out of my case, and two front mounted 140mm fans as intake.  My question now that I am wondering about, is am I doin it rite?  I originally set it up in this fashion for two reasons.  

1. I didn't want to have to worry about getting dust underneath the fans on the radiator by using it as intake in push-configuration
  2. My case isn't big enough for a front mounted 360 rad
  3. I only had one other fan on the back as an exhaust

Now I'm wondering if I should change the fans around so they too draw cooler air into the case, making it more effective at cooling my CPU, or keep it how it is because I've only got one open air GPU that doesn't seem to add too much heat to the case as a whole.  

Thoughts anyone?  I'd appreciate anything you have to offer.  

Here's a few pictures as promised.  

2017-03-18 23.03.29.jpg

2017-03-19 14.03.01-2.jpg

2017-03-22 21.13.12.jpg

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

Long time gamer, first time builder

I can take it out no problem, the only hassle is reattaching the rad, fans, and radiator bracket back together because one set of screws combines all three of those things.  

I'm willing to make the effort if it would be worth it, plus it would cut down on noise since I could turn my front intake fans way down.

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

11 minutes ago, PhysicalVocalist said:

I can take it out no problem, the only hassle is reattaching the rad, fans, and radiator bracket back together because one set of screws combines all three of those things.  

I'm willing to make the effort if it would be worth it, plus it would cut down on noise since I could turn my front intake fans way down.

Its not worth it

My life

Why not?  Just because of the hassle?  Or will it not make much of an improvement?  Too much positive air pressure?  I'd like some more information if you can elaborate.

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

14 minutes ago, PhysicalVocalist said:

Why not?  Just because of the hassle?  Or will it not make much of an improvement?  Too much positive air pressure?  I'd like some more information if you can elaborate.

Not much improvement,not worth your time

My life

it's fine as it is. both have advantages one side you get "cooler air" into the case but it's already being trough the rad and on the other side you can remove dust easily.

I would just leave it as is it's fine either way. 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

14 hours ago, Arcanekitten said:

it's fine as it is. both have advantages one side you get "cooler air" into the case but it's already being trough the rad and on the other side you can remove dust easily.

I would just leave it as is it's fine either way. 

That makes sense.  Alright, thanks!

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

Are you able to move the gpu up to the 16x slot at the top? As you lose bandwidth the further down the slots go (8x for example) but I'm not to sure if I'm right 

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

I could, yes.  In all honesty I used to have it in the top slot, but I didn't like how close the backplate was to the tubing, might have even been touching, so I moved it down.  I don't think I've noticed any serious decrease in gaming performance however...this card was never too good at overclocking anyway, it gets artifacty sometimes even at 2000MHz.

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

On 3/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, Janner558 said:

Are you able to move the gpu up to the 16x slot at the top? As you lose bandwidth the further down the slots go (8x for example) but I'm not to sure if I'm right 

Looking more closely though, my mobo definitely has "pcie x8" next to the slot it's plugged into, though the card fits just fine.  It might just be a lower bandwidth lane for all I know, but I think I will move it back up to the top slot just in case.  Thanks for noticing that.

I7-7700k

ASRock Z270 Taichi

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z

Thermaltake Core P3

Swiftech H320 x2

If the top of the case is the only place it'll fit, then exhaust only. Heat rises, trying to push it down will result in less efficient cooling. Ideally you would have the rad intaking in the front and fans exhausting at the top.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

6 hours ago, asand1 said:

If the top of the case is the only place it'll fit, then exhaust only. Heat rises, trying to push it down will result in less efficient cooling. Ideally you would have the rad in taking in the front and fans exhausting at the top.

I have been told so many times that this is wrong because we are actively moving air... but I think you're 100% right actually.  I tried the opposite on my last build just to try it and my liquid temps were about 3-4°c higher than "normal" (front intake, top exhaust).  Switched them around and watched the temps drop.  Could've been a couple other factors at play here, but primarily the fan direction.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q