Is the Logitech Z150 a good first speaker?

AP_97

Hello, i am asking about the Z150 speakers from Logitech. my new setup is almost done and is only missing speakers. i don't have a lot of budget left and i'm leaning towards the Z150, especially they're quite cheap here. is it good though? any alternatives on the same price range ($20) ?

16 minutes ago, AP_97 said:

is it good though?

I suggest they are not. Otherwise they wouldn't cost only about 20$. Compared to other 2.0 Speakers in that particular price range they should be ok, but overall these inexpensive types of speakers are far from decent... 

16 minutes ago, AP_97 said:

any alternatives on the same price range ($20) ?

If you can spend another ~5$ I'd seriously suggest getting some 2.1 speakers like the Logitech Z213 or the Creative A120. They aren't any good either, but at least both of them come with a sub, which allows them to cover a much wider range of frequency.

45 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

I suggest they are not. Otherwise they wouldn't cost only about 20$. Compared to other 2.0 Speakers in that particular price range they should be ok, but overall these inexpensive types of speakers are far from decent... 

If you can spend another ~5$ I'd seriously suggest getting some 2.1 speakers like the Logitech Z213 or the Creative A120. They aren't any good either, but at least both of them come with a sub, which allows them to cover a much wider range of frequency.

I know about the Z213, problem is my setup is cramped and i can't put the sub box anywhere on the desk. I have a very small custom desk due to size constraints, and a better half of it is occupied by my printer, that's why i'm looking at speakers like the Z150. As for budget, i can stretch it to add around 15 dollars, but no more than that.

8 minutes ago, AP_97 said:

As for budget, i can stretch it to add around 15 dollars, but no more than that.

Then the Creative Inspire T10 could be the ones for you - they are a 2.0 system and cost around 35$. But I'd still recommend saving up for some time and getting the Creative Gigaworks T20 Series 2, which are the single best price/performance speakers I know of. Unfortunately they cost around 50$.

I hope you don't get me wrong, I know the feeling of having a really tight budget, but I think you aren't doing yourself a big favor buying some really cheap product you can't enjoy.

25 minutes ago, AP_97 said:

I know about the Z213, problem is my setup is cramped and i can't put the sub box anywhere on the desk.

subs aren't supposed to be on your desk. they mostly are tucked away somewhere in the room. mine is under my desk for example

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

9 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

subs aren't supposed to be on your desk. they mostly are tucked away somewhere in the room. mine is under my desk for example

Ahh, i've checked the dimensions of the free space on my desk, and found out i can put the Z213 subbox behind the printer (plenty of space). And looking at current prices in my area, The Z213 and the Z150 is 5 dollars apart... i may have to seriously reconsider my choices. Thanks for the tip ?

23 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

Then the Creative Inspire T10 could be the ones for you - they are a 2.0 system and cost around 35$. But I'd still recommend saving up for some time and getting the Creative Gigaworks T20 Series 2, which are the single best price/performance speakers I know of. Unfortunately they cost around 50$.

I hope you don't get me wrong, I know the feeling of having a really tight budget, but I think you aren't doing yourself a big favor buying some really cheap product you can't enjoy.

Sorry, but Creative brand of speakers aren't available here in Indonesia, i have to either go with logitech or a knockoff chinese brand..

I have the Z150s and I love them! They sound great. At least better than most tiny Bluetooth speakers because you can space them apart and easily get good positioning (makes a huge difference with speakers). They can also fill up a smaller living room with sound. 

Whoever says that they're not very good are talking out of their butt. Unless you're some kind of DJ or producer, I doubt that you'll be disappointed with the Z150s...

You can buy the Z150s blindfolded. And if you seek advice here you'll probably end up buying $500 professional studio monitors for your PC. I am hardly exaggerating. 

23 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I have the Z150s and I love them! They sound great. At least better than most tiny Bluetooth speakers because you can space them apart and easily get good positioning (makes a huge difference with speakers). They can also fill up a smaller living room with sound. 

Whoever says that they're not very good are talking out of their butt. Unless you're some kind of DJ or producer, I doubt that you'll be disappointed with the Z150s...

You can buy the Z150s blindfolded. And if you seek advice here you'll probably end up buying $500 professional studio monitors for your PC. I am hardly exaggerating. 

Ahh yes. I'm just a basic user who didn't really need a over the top sound system. But now since i've found the Z213 to be just 5 dollars more, i kind of wanna get that instead. Because i do like bass. Does the bass in the Z150 good?

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, AP_97 said:

Ahh, i've checked the dimensions of the free space on my desk, and found out i can put the Z213 subbox behind the printer (plenty of space). And looking at current prices in my area, The Z213 and the Z150 is 5 dollars apart... i may have to seriously reconsider my choices. Thanks for the tip ?

don't put it on your desk, performed better on the floor.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The bass is OK. It's not the tightest bass. It's very slightly boomy. 

Thanks for the tip ?