(Android) help me install Lineage OS

Woahduds

So I need help installing Lineage OS on my US (Snapdragon) unlocked S7. I did some research but the steps are not exactly clear, and i need to do rooting. So far I will follow  techradar installation and rooting guide (they use kingroot). 

Here are my questions: when downloading the OS does it need to be on my comp or the phone?

What is rooting and how do i get the most out of it?

What is a kernel? and does it save battery life?

Is there something i could download that helps with battery life while idling? 

What is SU remover? (extra page in lineage OS) 

my sources (if you could skim through it and make sure every is correct procedure)

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-download-and-install-lineage-os

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-root-android-1302387

https://download.lineageos.org/extras

I don't know all the steps cause samsung is different but essentially, you are first, giving permission/root and opening your bootloader to your device.

Then you put the OS on what ever USB or SD card and Essentially flashing it to your phone, Then you flash GAPPS 

I would reccomend finding a video via youtube for a 1:1 tutorial

Also last time I heard LinOS support it was for the GSM Exynos models. and it was REALLY laggy and glitchy

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I don't know all the steps cause samsung is different but essentially, you are first, giving permission/root and opening your bootloader to your device.

Then you put the OS on what ever USB or SD card and Essentially flashing it to your phone, Then you flash GAPPS 

I would reccomend finding a video via youtube for a 1:1 tutorial

Also last time I heard LinOS support it was for the GSM Exynos models. and it was REALLY laggy and glitchy

Do you have a different recommendation for another OS? i want something stock and clean looking, kinda like pixel or something like lineage 

1. rooting is gaining admin privileges/rights to a system and allowing you to do ANYTHING you want (ex: install any app, etc

2. The kernel is the bottom layer of the OS and what is runs on (the bedrock layer if you will)

3.  Greenify, http://www.androidauthority.com/best-root-apps-android-269022/

4. SU Remover most likely means Super User Remover and probably allows you to remove anything whether bloatware or system apps

7 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

Do you have a different recommendation for another OS? i want something stock and clean looking, kinda like pixel or something like lineage 

Not sure....

5 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

1. rooting is gaining admin privileges/rights to a system and allowing you to do ANYTHING you want (ex: install any app, etc

2. The kernel is the bottom layer of the OS and what is runs on (the bedrock layer if you will)

3.  Greenify, http://www.androidauthority.com/best-root-apps-android-269022/

4. SU Remover most likely means Super User Remover and probably allows you to remove anything whether bloatware or system apps

and do i need to like download to particular kernel when installing lineage? or does it comes with it

7 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

Lineage is pretty much the way to go, however the version you are trying/wanting to flash isn't stable, and I would really not recomend an unstable system for a "first time user". Maybe check and see if there's an older stable Cyanogenmod version?

Just now, Sack said:

Lineage is pretty much the way to go, however the version you are trying/wanting to flash isn't stable, and I would really not recomend an unstable system for a "first time user". Maybe check and see if there's an older stable Cyanogenmod version?

and would cyanogen be marsh or nougat?

Just now, Woahduds said:

and would cyanogen be marsh or nougat?

That would be for you to research my friend, it's the same people they just changed names. I'm not so much into the names of the systems, I jusut want Lineage OS on my device and I don't care if it's 13 or 14 or 15.