Ryzen 7 1700x only showing half of itself in Windows. HELP!

Go to solution Solved by Luckdragon82,
35 minutes ago, skullbringer said:

since device manager shows all 16 active threads, the cpu and the bios are not your problem. 

the issue is probably an old windows install that is based on your old 4 core, 8 thread cpu which your windows install is "used to". for windows to use all of your cores after the upgrade, you will either need to fiddle with windows startup options, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/howto-get-windows-7-to-detect-your-new-multi-core/71519d51-f6cb-47df-b3ff-66c2928d6de4

or do a reinstall.

We're back in business! I had to interpret the directions as the software mentioned had changed a bit since Win7. Thanks for all the help, everyone!

04.PNG

HELP! I am having a very odd issue with my AMD Ryzen 7 1700x on a Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 motherboard.

After some extensive overclocking, I suddenly had issues with getting the Gigabyte App Center CIV app to work properly. No matter how many times I wiped and re-installed the software, I couldn't get it to control the fans anymore. So I decided to re-install Windows 10 Pro to see if it would fix the problem. This didn't fix the issue, but now I'm having a far worse problem. Even though "Device Manager" shows I have all 16 threads visible and working properly, Going into "Task Manager" and selecting "Performance" shows I have literally half of my processor available. Even CPU-Z shows I have 4-cores and 8-threads. It's even showing I only have HALF of my cache! Has anyone else had this issue, or is this possibly the sign my CPU has died (praying to Bob it's not a dead CPU)?

12 minutes ago, Luckdragon82 said:

HELP! I am having a very odd issue with my AMD Ryzen 7 1700x on a Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 motherboard.

After some extensive overclocking, I suddenly had issues with getting the Gigabyte App Center CIV app to work properly. No matter how many times I wiped and re-installed the software, I couldn't get it to control the fans anymore. So I decided to re-install Windows 10 Pro to see if it would fix the problem. This didn't fix the issue, but now I'm having a far worse problem. Even though "Device Manager" shows I have all 16 threads visible and working properly, Going into "Task Manager" and selecting "Performance" shows I have literally half of my processor available. Even CPU-Z shows I have 4-cores and 8-threads. It's even showing I only have HALF of my cache! Has anyone else had this issue, or is this possibly the sign my CPU has died (praying to Bob it's not a dead CPU)?

since device manager shows all 16 active threads, the cpu and the bios are not your problem. 

the issue is probably an old windows install that is based on your old 4 core, 8 thread cpu which your windows install is "used to". for windows to use all of your cores after the upgrade, you will either need to fiddle with windows startup options, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/howto-get-windows-7-to-detect-your-new-multi-core/71519d51-f6cb-47df-b3ff-66c2928d6de4

or do a reinstall.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

go to your BIOS to see if you have SMP enabled. 

this first

7 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

or you might have cores disabled.

doesn't have to be, i remember a case where you needed to type some line into the command prompt to get all cores back, but i dunno how this worked, as it was a bit long ago.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

go to your BIOS to see if you have SMP enabled. 

Just checked, but there's no option to turn SMT on or off.

5 minutes ago, Luckdragon82 said:

Just checked, but there's no option to turn SMT on or off.

look again 

download all the latest Ryzen drivers especially mobo make sure you are on the latest version 

Currently what it's reading.

I did try the EasyBCD, but it locks up once I've tried saving the settings.

01.PNG

02.PNG

03.PNG

35 minutes ago, skullbringer said:

or do a reinstall.

We're back in business! I had to interpret the directions as the software mentioned had changed a bit since Win7. Thanks for all the help, everyone!

04.PNG

• 2 years later...