HELP my new m.2 drive does not want to boot!

Original Drive:

128GB Boot Drive - https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SD6SN1M-128G-1006-725333-001-22x80mm-Notebook/dp/B00S0O6BJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489549958&sr=8-1&keywords=SanDisk+SD8SNAT-128G-1006

New Drive:

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L80DH4G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=L5G0360HJ9HJ&coliid=I27DC51P7UZG1E&psc=1

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

So I attempted to replace my main boot drive for my laptop yesterday, I made sure to clone the original to the new drive and everything but when I got the new one installed it did not boot. It just failed and said that boot device was inaccessible.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

After some research I saw that it may have been trying to boot from the wrong drive. Well after going into the bios and telling my computer to boot from the new m.2 SSD it just gave me the same error. To see if I could diagnosis it I plugged in my recovery media to see if I could even boot into a fresh install. This worked! When I get in I can still see the cloned partition on the drive and it is healthy and ready to go! It just won't boot from it. I know I can delete the partitioned volume that I created from the recovery media to boot from the cloned partition but idk what good it will do.

I'm looking for any solutions to this mess!

Does your laptop have a UEFI bios? Pretty sure you need that to boot from PCI devices

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

5 minutes ago, DCN said:

Original Drive:

128GB Boot Drive - https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SD6SN1M-128G-1006-725333-001-22x80mm-Notebook/dp/B00S0O6BJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489549958&sr=8-1&keywords=SanDisk+SD8SNAT-128G-1006

New Drive:

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L80DH4G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=L5G0360HJ9HJ&coliid=I27DC51P7UZG1E&psc=1

So I attempted to replace my main boot drive for my laptop yesterday, I made sure to clone the original to the new drive and everything but when I got the new one installed it did not boot. It just failed and said that boot device was inaccessible.

After some research I saw that it may have been trying to boot from the wrong drive. Well after going into the bios and telling my computer to boot from the new m.2 SSD it just gave me the same error. To see if I could diagnosis it I plugged in my recovery media to see if I could even boot into a fresh install. This worked! When I get in I can still see the cloned partition on the drive and it is healthy and ready to go! It just won't boot from it. I know I can delete the partitioned volume that I created from the recovery media to boot from the cloned partition but idk what good it will do.

Night theme matters...

5 minutes ago, DCN said:

Original Drive:

New Drive:

Nevermind the old one worked, hm.

Look for bios settings related to boot - I know I have to change around 3 settings on this PC to boot from m.2

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, Factory OC said:

Night theme matters...

Its our choice to use night theme not for posters to format for a theme they may not even know about

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Its our choice to use night theme not for posters to format for a theme they may not even know about

It would have really been nice to cater to more people, by using a neutral color, or using the original one. There are people like me that would like to see text without selecting a item.

13 minutes ago, DCN said:

Original Drive:

New Drive:

What HP laptop is it specifically? 

15 minutes ago, DCN said:

When I get in I can still see the cloned partition on the drive and it is healthy and ready to go

you need to clone all partitions not just the C drive

• system reserved
  • recovery partition
  • C drive

in the order they show up in the cloning software

1 hour ago, Factory OC said:

It would have really been nice to cater to more people, by using a neutral color, or using the original one. There are people like me that would like to see text without selecting a item.

What HP laptop is it specifically? 

HP Omen 17t-w100

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

you need to clone all partitions not just the C drive

• system reserved
  • recovery partition
  • C drive

in the order they show up in the cloning software

I did clone the entire drive, it still shows the recovery/boot sections... it just doesn't want to boot from it for some reason

6 hours ago, DCN said:

I did clone the entire drive, it still shows the recovery/boot sections... it just doesn't want to boot from it for some reason

use the install media (USB / DVD) and try and repair it