RX480 GPU problem after overclocking

Tried to overclock my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 using AMD's Wattman. After a few random shutdowns while benchmarking (Heaven), the system is totally not working with the GPU plugged in, but with it not connected, my motherboard is able to light up the CPU fan and chassis fans. Please help!(Don't think I can afford a new GPU)

Specs:
Asus X370 Pro
Ryzen 1700
Coolermaster V650
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200Mhz

EDIT: Just wanna add that I have already tried resetting my CMOS

Edited by Arkeror

Don't really have another PSU, but if that can be a potential problem, I'll try borrowing one from a friend.

36 minutes ago, Arkeror said:

Don't really have another PSU, but if that can be a potential problem, I'll try borrowing one from a friend.

The Coolermaster PSU isn't too bad for your build. Unless it's defected.

Try MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx  to see if it helps. AMD Wattman is kind of suck.

21 minutes ago, Deli said:

The Coolermaster PSU isn't too bad for your build. Unless it's defected.

Try MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx  to see if it helps. AMD Wattman is kind of suck.

Well, the system is sorta dead, so I can't really test the system at all...Without the GPU connected, the system chassis is able to light up, but nothing will light up at all if the GPU is connected. But I have no idea how to get a video output from my Asus X370 Pro motherboard as I usually get my output from the GPU. Yes, the Asus X370 Pro has a HDMI port, but when I try to connect my monitor there, I don't get any signal.

1 minute ago, Arkeror said:

Well, the system is sorta dead, so I can't really test the system at all...Without the GPU connected, the system chassis is able to light up, but nothing will light up at all if the GPU is connected. But I have no idea how to get a video output from my Asus X370 Pro motherboard as I usually get my output from the GPU. Yes, the Asus X370 Pro has a HDMI port, but when I try to connect my monitor there, I don't get any signal.

I think the Ryzen 7 doesn't have iGPU. You'll need a graphic card to power the monitor.

Just now, Deli said:

I think the Ryzen 7 doesn't have iGPU. You'll need a graphic card to power the monitor.

Thanks for the clarification, so if the PSU is working since it can power the rest of the system, is the most likely cause the GPU then?

3 minutes ago, Arkeror said:

Thanks for the clarification, so if the PSU is working since it can power the rest of the system, is the most likely cause the GPU then?

The AMD Ryzen 7 is kind of new. Could be your mobo needs a update BIOS or some tweaks.

Anyway, I power my system a 4790K and RX480 with overclocking with a 450w PSU. So wattage-wise your PSU isn't a problem.

14 hours ago, Jay Zypher said:

Take the watch battery out on your motherboard for about TEN minuets then put it back in. ---WARNING---

This will restore all settings back to default on your motherboard such as OVERCLOCKING SETTINGS and any thing added that's not default.

Have tried that already, but since i overclocked it in Wattman, would it also change that?

EDIT: After trying with a new GPU, my system worked. Ende up the GPU died

Edited by Arkeror

• 6 months later...

Sorry for reviving this post, i just had the same thing happening to me yesterday.

I only OC'd by 70mhz on the core, and with a slight voltage bump.

Mine also crashed a few times, and now it won't boot as well with the drivers installed.

I hope RMA gets through, i'm not getting a AMD card again... i never had this issue before ever.

A slight overclock shouldn't brick your card this easily, at least not in these modern times.

WIP: Ryzen 5 3600@4,2ghz | G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming | ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Crystal 280X | Cooler Master MWE 550W | Gigabyte CV27F 1080p 165hz