Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC worth it?

DieSturmgeschutz

Ok, so I've only been watching LMG videos for about a month now because I have been planning to build my own PC eventually (still need a job :( ) but I decided I would come to the forums to see if the community really is great like linus says, and so far I only created this account like 10 minutes ago and already had a small conversation in my status update. :) 

So the reason why I am creating this thread is to ask:

if the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC is overkill, personally I'm interested in this card due to the fact that I'm not really a visual perfectionist, so I can deal with no RGB and no back plate, but its still $500 CAD so I know obviously this forum is dedicated to a whole bunch of computer people that have been doing stuff like this for way longer than I have so is a 1070 a good card for its price of $500? Pros and Cons to the card would be great if anybody has had one in the past..

P.S. the game I plan on playing are: GTA5, World of Tanks, and Dark Souls 1,2, and 3 (huge dark souls fan, played 'm all on console and heard they're better on pc)

$500 CAD sounds right, here in the US it's $400 for a regular 1070.

The 1070's are very very good cards. Great for playing maxed out settings on 1080P or 1440P.

However, if your playing on 1080P, your probably able to save a few $100 by going with a RX 480/GTX 1060. If you don't care about eye candy as much.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 PRO CARBON AC | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC ULTRA |
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz |
Phaneks Evolv Tempered Glass | Seasonic FOCUS Gold+ 750W |
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | 860 EVO 500GB | 850 PRO 256GB | Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM

Ok hold up imma look for 1060s and see what PC part pickers got to offer, thinks honestly didn't even think about 1060s I just didn't want to spend like $200 more for a 1080

5 minutes ago, DieSturmgeschutz said:

Ok, so I've only been watching LMG videos for about a month now because I have been planning to build my own PC eventually (still need a job :( ) but I decided I would come to the forums to see if the community really is great like linus says, and so far I only created this account like 10 minutes ago and already had a small conversation in my status update. :) 

So the reason why I am creating this thread is to ask:

if the Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC is overkill, personally I'm interested in this card due to the fact that I'm not really a visual perfectionist, so I can deal with no RGB and no back plate, but its still $500 CAD so I know obviously this forum is dedicated to a whole bunch of computer people that have been doing stuff like this for way longer than I have so is a 1070 a good card for its price of $500? Pros and Cons to the card would be great if anybody has had one in the past..

P.S. the game I plan on playing are: GTA5, World of Tanks, and Dark Souls 1,2, and 3 (huge dark souls fan, played 'm all on console and heard they're better on pc)

I have it running right now. 

Unless I'm playing some big triple A game with high setting, this thing stays silent.

I'm running a dual monitor setup right now, and what I've done is actually underclock it. 

Basically, get it if you really feel like it, though I've seen other (better) cards go for this price.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

10 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I have it running right now. 

Unless I'm playing some big triple A game with high setting, this thing stays silent.

I'm running a dual monitor setup right now, and what I've done is actually underclock it. 

Basically, get it if you really feel like it, though I've seen other (better) cards go for this price.

So its quite yes, and it is capable of running triple A games at max settings, now because I'm a huge noob and its probably obvious to everybody here, do you get over 60fps on those games?

Just now, DieSturmgeschutz said:

So its quite yes, and it is capable of running triple A games at max settings, now because I'm a huge noob and its probably obvious to everybody here, do you get over 60fps on those games?

Yes, with everything turned up (1440x900 monitor, don't judge).

Keep in mind this is @ stock.

If you can't hit it, a quick OC will make it happen (I had plenty of headroom, at least)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

Yes, with everything turned up (1440x900 monitor, don't judge).

Keep in mind this is @ stock.

If you can't hit it, a quick OC will make it happen (I had plenty of headroom, at least)

Alright, I may get this, or a gtx 1060 its $350 and its again windforce oc tbh I like the orange accents, thanks again!

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

@nerdslayer1 Has it and seems great

yes, for me it seem to work great. if you try SLI please DDU or it will cause major problem, if you have a software hickup please DDU.