Green Screen after drivers update

I'm using an amd 7870, and everytime I try to install its drivers I get a green screen and my pc crashes.

The problem is everytime I start the pc, windows 10 automatically downloads and installs the drivers for the amd 7000 series and it causes me to crash.

So in order to don't that I have to stop the update manually by stopping the process of the update.

The latest drivers from the amd site ( 17.3.3 or something like that) don't work, it says they're already installed even though it's not true.

The old catalyst drivers makes it crash.

The gpu works without the drivers, very bad, but it doesn't crash and it doesn't overheat ( 24°c in idle)

What could the problem be? is it the gpu?or something else related to windows and the way it installs the drivers?

I already tried reinstalling windows 10 and it didn't work...

2 minutes ago, rastercrow said:

I'm using an amd 7870, and everytime I try to install its drivers I get a green screen and my pc crashes.

The problem is everytime I start the pc, windows 10 automatically downloads and installs the drivers for the amd 7000 series and it causes me to crash.

So in order to don't that I have to stop the update manually by stopping the process of the update.

The latest drivers from the amd site ( 17.3.3 or something like that) don't work, it says they're already installed even though it's not true.

The old catalyst drivers makes it crash.

The gpu works without the drivers, very bad, but it doesn't crash and it doesn't overheat ( 24°c in idle)

What could the problem be? is it the gpu?or something else related to windows and the way it installs the drivers?

I already tried reinstalling windows 10 and it didn't work...

Use DDU. It will cleanly remove the driver and stop windows from downloading it's shitty driver from who knows when.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Just now, leelaa14 said:

Use DDU. It will cleanly remove the driver and stop windows from downloading it's shitty driver from who knows when.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Yeah I used it to remove the drivers, but even so I don't know what driver I should install.

All the ones I tried didn't work, I got a green screen while it was installing them.

This happened to me on a R7 370. I simply reinstalled Windows and that fixed it for me.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 minutes ago, JDE said:

This happened to me on a R7 370. I simply reinstalled Windows and that fixed it for me.

I tried that too. 

But I cleared only my ssd with windows on it and let the hdd with the files untouched.

I don't think I have to format the hdd too... or maybe I should?

Just now, rastercrow said:

I tried that too. 

But I cleared only my ssd with windows on it and let the hdd with the files untouched.

I don't think I have to format the hdd too... or maybe I should?

No, I don't think so. I didn't clear the SSD though, I just reinstalled it on top.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.