Advice on new 27" 144hz/GSync Monitor

BigCountryGeek

I just had the Dell S2716DG and sent it back after I couldn't resolve the banding and color issues. I currently use a Ultrawide 32" curved dell monitor which is great, but not for gaming really. Only 60hz.

So I am looking for a 27" high hz, probably IPS monitor for gaming. Since TN panels are pretty crappy looking, IPS has always been good in that area, I prefer to stay IPS. What can I get for my money that has a good quality screen, resolution?

Budget, $500-800 max.

3 minutes ago, BigCountryGeek said:

I just had the Dell S2716DG and sent it back after I couldn't resolve the banding and color issues. I currently use a Ultrawide 32" curved dell monitor which is great, but not for gaming really. Only 60hz.

So I am looking for a 27" high hz, probably IPS monitor for gaming. Since TN panels are pretty crappy looking, IPS has always been good in that area, I prefer to stay IPS. What can I get for my money that has a good quality screen, resolution?

Budget, $500-800 max.

PG279Q, I have it and it is great

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

There is a 1080p 27" 144hz 1ms Msi monitor that unfortunately isn't IPS, but it's OLED. For 300$

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Well you do not have to go strictly G-Sync, V-Sync on Fast lowers game's frame times to as low as 3ms.

But you need to get more fps than the refresh rate of your monitor.

So i recommend you, if you have a gtx 1080 or 980, to get a 100hz non G-Sync model and still get near G-Sync like latency.

I have the 1080 GTX FTW, and had the dell at 144hz and gsync with no issues.  I just need to find another good monitor.

14 hours ago, Ashiella said:

There is a 1080p 27" 144hz 1ms Msi monitor that unfortunately isn't IPS, but it's OLED. For 300$

What?

first thing: Oled >>>>>>>>>>>>>> IPS. by FAR.

second thing: There are no Oled Monitors out there. Not a single one. And if they come, they will probably cost 1000-2000 dollar, at least.

third thing: 1080p on 27"? that's pretty meh, if you're not 1 meter away from it.

The ones I've been looking at are:

ASUS PG279Q 27" IPS, 165hz, GSYNC
Acer Predator XB271HU, 27" IPS, 165hz, GSYNC

Newly added:

AOC Agon AG271QG 27”, 165hz, Gsync, IPS
ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" 165Hz IPS WQHD 1440p G-Sync

Help me decide what to get? I am leaning hard towards the Asus, but I have read bad things about all of them, and I had the Dell S2716DG and it was utter crap. Worst Dell I have ever owned. Lots of banding issues. Plus it was a TN panel so the colors were not that great. My system has a EVGA 1080 FTW, and it pushed the Dell just fine at 144hz 1440p.

9 hours ago, Darkseth said:

What?

second thing: There are no Oled Monitors out there. Not a single one. And if they come, they will probably cost 1000-2000 dollar, at least.

third thing: 1080p on 27"? that's pretty meh, if you're not 1 meter away from it.

Agreed. I would never own a 27" that is 1080p.  

The MSI G27C..

On 03/25/2017 at 0:09 AM, Darkseth said:

What?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

On 3/24/2017 at 10:43 AM, Xenift said:

Well you do not have to go strictly G-Sync, V-Sync on Fast lowers game's frame times to as low as 3ms.

But you need to get more fps than the refresh rate of your monitor.

So i recommend you, if you have a gtx 1080 or 980, to get a 100hz non G-Sync model and still get near G-Sync like latency.

I've never seen this before, how does one set vsync to fast?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Just now, Natsoup said:

I've never seen this before, how does one set vsync to fast?

Nvidia Control Panel under VSync

9 hours ago, Ashiella said:

The MSI G27C..

This is not Oled, this is VA. a Complete different thing.

And this is 1080p, so absolutely nothing special. These specs existed already 2-3 years ago.

Nice for people, who prefer VA over TN/IPS, and don't care if the resolution stays at low 1080p for a huge 27".

I'll wait for the samsung CHG75 VA panel with HDR, Gsync, 27", 1440p and 144Hz. Will release some time this year.

That one sounds very interesting. If it's really good, i might even sell my TN one i recently bought, and switch over. if it won't be 900+€...