Value of JayzTwoCents giveaway

Owlman

What is the value of his 1 million sub giveaway? Asking because if the planets align and dragons emerge from the depths and I win this giveaway I'll probably need to pay 25% of it in VAT.

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

I would say roughly $1500 to $2000 depending on how they calculate value (list or just what someone thinks parts should be worth) and as a worst case scenario. Not sure what that would convert to for Euros though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Owlman said:

What is the value of his 1 million sub giveaway? Asking because if the planets align and dragons emerge from the depths and I win this giveaway I'll probably need to pay 25% of it in VAT.

plus import tax

2 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

plus import tax

No import tax on computers in Norway:)

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Keep in mind, it does not include any storage, or PSU. Only the basic bare bones. Case/Motherboard/CPU/RAM/Cooler/GPU. You will still be on the hook for some money if you needed to buy the additional parts to complete the system.  

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Owlman said:

No import tax on computers :)

wouldn't it depend on the value of the import ?

when I got a 780 from canada it had import tax on it. still was cheaper tho 

No, there isn't any import tax on electronics here in Norway

Desktop Rig:

4 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

I used the Norwegian customs own calculator and it* just added a 25% VAT

Desktop Rig:

Just now, Owlman said:

No, there isn't any import tax on electronics here in Norway

lucky you. TBH these type of giveaway suck. why can they just ask e.g EVGA just to ship one from their distributors in each country 

I signed up for it, i'm not sure if want to win it or not, just because of damn taxes, i would pay like R$3000 on taxes alone, considering the parts value, if not more, because i'm sure these wouldn't simply skip past the customs office...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

lucky you. TBH these type of giveaway suck. why can they just ask e.g EVGA just to ship one from their distributors in each country 

Yeah I agree, getting the sponsored prizes from local distributors would save the winner a good amount of money

Desktop Rig:

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Keep in mind, it does not include any storage, or PSU. Only the basic bare bones. Case/Motherboard/CPU/RAM/Cooler/GPU. You will still be on the hook for some money if you needed to buy the additional parts to complete the system.  

If I won i'd upgrade my current rig and either sell or use the components I have now in a LAN rig or something in the future. It's not like I don't have the money to win this giveaway, I just prefer to know of a possible future cost 

Desktop Rig:

3 hours ago, UMxMarky94 said:

Because its what he has to give and the companies involved already gave him many of the components to bench/review and keep as reference.  One could just as easily say Governments suck for demanding upfront payment for taxes on giveaways instead of waiting for income tax time so people are afforded the time to sell their old gear or make arrangements to cover the taxes on the winnings.

Either way; as gripes go its fairly minor.  If anyone here wins and doesn't want b/c of taxes or whatever other reason, know that I'll make the sacrifice and assume the winnings in your place if you let me.  I good like that.

21 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Because its what he has to give and the companies involved already gave him many of the components to bench/review and keep as reference.  One could just as easily say Governments suck for demanding upfront payment for taxes on giveaways instead of waiting for income tax time so people are afforded the time to sell their old gear or make arrangements to cover the taxes on the winnings.

Either way; as grips go its fairly minor.  If anyone here wins and doesn't want b/c of taxes or whatever other reason, know that I'll make the sacrifice and assume the winnings in your place if you let me.  I good like that.

yeah it just that some people who would really benefit from a new pc might not be able to afford the tax etc on it. yeah it isn't Jay's fault it just an annoyance