The way i wish YouTube's UI/Layout were

heynando

since its start I always thought Youtube's layout sucked, and even nowadays it still does IMO, I had nothing to do and decided to spend 10 minutes doing this layout, it's more like a sketch but ohhhhhhh it is so much better..

there's one thing to notice tho, this layout is not perfect for all size screens, actually such thing doesn't exist, this one i have "designed" is only good for big screens, 26"+ to be more precise. Microsoft and Google still don't get it, it's not about the resolution, it's all about the screen size, doesn't matter if you watching it in a 640p or 1600p screen, what really matters is the screen size, the PPI and resolution are almost not relevant.

Twitch for example have a scalable layout, so if you have say a 1080p 7 inch tablet you can easily zoom in/out to edit the layout at your taste, so that it would fit ANY screen PERFECTLY bcuz it is resolution independent. I think that's exactly what Youtube should aim for, a scalable layout

Anyways this is wot i've figured would be a good UI for them big screens (26"+). Please leave your thoughts and fell free to share your own view of how youtube's UI should be or to improve mine in any aspect..

alo4.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAHPy00htzGdnqq

since its start I always thought Youtube's layout sucked, and even nowadays it still does IMO, I had nothing to do and decided to spend 10 minutes doing this layout, it's more like a sketch but ohhhhhhh it is so much better..

there's one thing to notice tho, this layout is not perfect for all size screens, actually such thing doesn't exist, this one i have "designed" is only good for big screens, 26"+ to be more precise. Microsoft and Google still don't get it, it's not about the resolution, it's all about the screen size, doesn't matter if you watching it in a 640p or 1600p screen, what really matters is the screen size, the PPI and resolution are almost not relevant.

Twitch for example have a scalable layout, so if you have say a 1080p 7 inch tablet you can easily zoom in/out to edit the layout at your taste, so that it would fit ANY screen PERFECTLY bcuz it is resolution independent. I think that's exactly what Youtube should aim for, a scalable layout

Anyways this is wot i've figured would be a good UI for them big screens (26"+). Please leave your thoughts and fell free to share your own view of how youtube's UI should be or to improve mine in any aspect..

alo4.jpg?dl=1&token_hash=AAHPy00htzGdnqq

I like it!

I fixed some design problems

gallery_1073_678_17986.jpg

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Well first off get yourself YoutubeCenter for Firefox or the equivalent for Chrome.IT isn't perfect but you can mess with the UI a bit. My default video player size for instance takes up about 80% of my screen and my subbox displays videos in a grid style with like 5 videos per row.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I fixed some design problems

i like yours, more clean, less polluted, tho at the bottom i would like to see 4 layers of related videos instead of 3, but yeah yours is definitely better

Well first off get yourself YoutubeCenter for Firefox or the equivalent for Chrome.IT isn't perfect but you can mess with the UI a bit. My default video player size for instance takes up about 80% of my screen and my subbox displays videos in a grid style with like 5 videos per row.

I use it already, i've tried to mess with its option to reallocate the UI but it never worked out for me, but it seems that this option only is broken, the code is broken, it ends up always or bugging or not working. So I stopped trying to mess with this option only, but besides this option i can easily say that i'm a heavy user of YoutubeCenter.

Yea that seems cool.

And dont forget change=innovation=improvement :P :P

But seriously, that looks like a cool layout

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i like yours, more clean, less polluted, tho at the bottom i would like to see 4 layers of related videos instead of 3, but yeah yours is definitely better

Well if i added another column the video names would need to be shortened to keep the container the same width as the video.. 

The main reason mine looks cleaner is because i have followed lines from other elements on the page.. 

For example, I have kept the left and right edges of the video going all the way down the page and the header is not broken and spans the whole page.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Did you create this yourself? Or did you find this somewhere? >_> This is an amazing layout I would love to see something like this instead of having to click on inbox all the time >_<

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

OK, I'm looking at making a new front end for youtube at the moment to serve subscriptions that actually give you all your videos, and these ideas are great for the UI. Note that I cannot guarantee that it will ever happen, but I have made some considerably progress recently. How would you guys feel about this sort of UI appearing on the same page as your subscriptions/search results as an overlay or expansion of the result rather than going to another video? Remember, still only a concept.

HTTP/2 203

YouTube will see this and do the exact opposite and say its improving!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ