Newegg bug on free stuff

polak

I ordered a 780 ti and a shield for 899, i get an email saying payment was charged. 3 days later it gets shipped and my bank sends me an email for NOTICE OF RETURNED ITEM, which is a fee of $20 and i get all 899 back, i dont get it. Ill hold on to it until something comes up and in the mean time im enjoying it.

why would you say anything....

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

you...you...you got a 780ti and shield for free..?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

If your 780ti actually comes why not buy another. You know have 2 780ti's in sli for the price of one. You are set for the next couple of generations.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

If you wanna be honest and actually PAY the money, e-mail newegg and tell them what happened.

...But most people on this forum would tell you to simply be quiet about it.

Now will you buy me one?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

If you wanna be honest and actually PAY the money, e-mail newegg and tell them what happened.

...But most people on this forum would tell you to simply be quiet about it.

This is the right thing to do....And they may tell you just keep it!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Just don't say a word and enjoy

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Newegg will most likely see the error later on and ask about it or the bank will 

Can I have 2 780 Ti's :D

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I would feel quite guilty if that happened

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

This is the right thing to do....And they may tell you just keep it!

I spent a tiny bit for a new pair of headphones, once i hit 900 i will email them back. Plus i want a refund for the $20

I spent a tiny bit for a new pair of headphones, once i hit 900 i will email them back. Plus i want a refund for the $20

Smart Choice =)

No one will agree with me....

I ordered a 780 ti and a shield for 899, i get an email saying payment was charged. 3 days later it gets shipped and my bank sends me an email for NOTICE OF RETURNED ITEM, which is a fee of $20 and i get all 899 back, i dont get it. Ill hold on to it until something comes up and in the mean time im enjoying it.

if you contact new egg and tell them what happened they will most likely let you keep it and maybe even give you more please be an honest person and shame on all those people telling you to keep it 

what if you emailed newegg and YOU got freeshit for explaning a bug that could potentialy cost them milions ?

Please make a guide on this!!  JK :P

WHY shit like this dont happen in Europe?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

WHY shit like this dont happen in Europe?

Europeans are smart?

i would email them if i were you. They could just charge ur bank account later if you dont tell them any how and you lose the 20 dollar charge. They might send you a courtasy gift card and stuff, but i dont think they will let a 899 transaction slide when they recheck the orders.

i would email them if i were you. They could just charge ur bank account later if you dont tell them any how and you lose the 20 dollar charge. They might send you a courtasy gift card and stuff, but i dont think they will let a 899 transaction slide when they recheck the orders.

I just got off their live chat and they said everything looks fine on their end, so i guess i can't do much about it. LOL maybe they will just take the money later.

probably just keep an eye on your bank account so they over charge u.  Did you ask about the 20dollar charge tho?

I just bought a 780ti and a Shield myself... hopefully this happens to me, too lol.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

maybe your bank thought somebody made a fraudulent purchase on your account and returned the money ? i would call the bank and ask them what's going on. That is, if you want everything to be kosher. It's up to you, of course.