Complete Wood Case

Zhat

Hey everybody, today I had the idea to make a complete wooden case for all my PC hardware. I'm basically Going to use some scrap wood I have, and some new stuff I get for this build.

Materials:

-Spare Wood

​    -Acrylic Plastic/Glass

-Stain

-Blue LED Inside lights (Or maybe white or yellow)

Components{Note: These will take a while do to the fact I need to make the case and cut some corners for the doe}

-Gigabyte FM2+/FM2 A88X (Bolton D4) Wi-Fi/BT4.0 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

-Corsair XMS3 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

-Noctua Low-profile Quiet CPU Cooler for AMD Based Retail Cooling NH-L9A

-AMD A8-6600K Richland 4.3GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

-WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache

-Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS  80 PLUS (Note: This is diffidently gonna change but I jsut have this at the moment.)

I will be working on the case off and on for the next few weeks, Ill post as many updates as possible. I could even make a few more to sale if you guys like the look. 

Model:

post-42106-0-51807100-1411924122.png

Too be continued...

GOing to the store to find the perfect stain post any suggestions!

Well, why not use something nice, like cherry or walnut wood?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I dont see a gpu there.. O_o

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Do you know how you will mount the motherboard, hard drives, and power supply. Because when i built my wooden case that was the hardest part.

I5 3570k, Direct CUII 660ti, intel 330 180gb ssd, Asus maximus V formula.

"Woody" fully wooden computer case http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26658-fully-wooden-computer-case-woody/

"Resurrection" a custom desk with and open design http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74736-custom-desk-with-and-open-design-resurrection/

I dont see a gpu there.. O_o

Ya i was still working on the list, sorry I put a 650 ti on there. Sorry about that!

Ya i was still working on the list, sorry I put a 650 ti on there. Sorry about that!

No need to be :) will look forward to the progress pics!

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Do you know how you will mount the motherboard, hard drives, and power supply. Because when i built my wooden case that was the hardest part.

I'm thinking I will make some wood frames for the drives and power supply I dont have a plan for the mother board yet, BTW your looks amazing.

Well, why not use something nice, like cherry or walnut wood?

I was actually planning on using it and having some nice white LEDs cause I have a white build plan for this. I think it contrast nice

I'm thinking I will make some wood frames for the drives and power supply I dont have a plan for the mother board yet, BTW your looks amazing.

oh thanks if you saw how i mounted the hard drive i think it works really good just make sure it is sucure to the wood because hard drives can get heavy.

another thing is make sure every thing is STRAIGHT because if one thing is off then is will cause other problems which happened to me the top ended up to not fit perfectly.

Also did you see the build log or just my profile pic.

I5 3570k, Direct CUII 660ti, intel 330 180gb ssd, Asus maximus V formula.

"Woody" fully wooden computer case http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26658-fully-wooden-computer-case-woody/

"Resurrection" a custom desk with and open design http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74736-custom-desk-with-and-open-design-resurrection/

I was actually planning on using it and having some nice white LEDs cause I have a white build plan for this. I think it contrast nice

Great, can't wait to see what turns out!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

oh thanks if you saw how i mounted the hard drive i think it works really good just make sure it is sucure to the wood because hard drives can get heavy.

another thing is make sure every thing is STRAIGHT because if one thing is off then is will cause other problems which happened to me the top ended up to not fit perfectly.

Also did you see the build log or just my profile pic.

just went to your profile and read through it, nice use of the clamps im going to have to use that :) 

Looks like fun! Can't wait for end result.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Hey guys just wanted to give an update about my idea and give you an idea of my vision.

Design: Will elaborate more. 

post-42106-0-18096400-1384403925.png

You might wonder why I don't have any side panels. That is because both the sides are gonna be acrylic. I'm gonna hang the mobo, graphics card, and heat sync. Tell me what you think of thats.

​Dimension:

3 ft by 3 ft 

Questions

Do you think I should clear or crystal acrylic for the side panels, also I think Im gonna put custome cable covers to complete the color theme. 

What do you think?

Any suggestions?

post-42106-0-43425400-1384403073.png

Sounds delicious. Tell me when its done and upload pics lots of pics :D And maybe I'll buy it if its that smexy looking.

Sounds delicious. Tell me when its done and upload pics lots of pics :D And maybe I'll buy it if its that smexy looking.

Lol alright I will cant work today though really hurt my finger  :blink:  Gonna get paid soon though so that will be awesome!! Plus I have an entire tool list I need

Sounds sexy. Although I'd make the side with the back of the motherboard wood, and make a kinda wide space behind it so you can tuck some cables behind the mobo. Kinda like most modern cases.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Lol alright I will cant work today though really hurt my finger  :blink:  Gonna get paid soon though so that will be awesome!! Plus I have an entire tool list I need

I gotcha 

-Screwdriver

-Saw

-Sander

-Drill

-Screws

-Wood stain

I gotcha 

-Screwdriver

-Saw

-Sander

-Drill

-Screws

-Wood stain

You nailed it on the head!

Except for Im using wood glue because Nails you can see I want a smooth flat surface

You nailed it on the head!

LooL The head of a hammer ;) we forgot that if you needed to bang some screws in :D

LooL The head of a hammer ;) we forgot that if you needed to bang some screws in :D

Correct and that's the end of shop 101 :D

Sounds sexy. Although I'd make the side with the back of the motherboard wood, and make a kinda wide space behind it so you can tuck some cables behind the mobo. Kinda like most modern cases.

That's an interesting id ea I could just put a strip in the middle. Great suggestion!