Iron Fist Thoughts

EasonIDontKnowAnything

Haven't seen it yet, but the critics are PANNING it. I watched a review where the guy said the first 6 episodes were utterly awful, and there was only one slightly memorable fight scene, which is pretty bad considering it's a kung fu show.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

57 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Haven't seen it yet, but the critics are PANNING it. I watched a review where the guy said the first 6 episodes were utterly awful, and there was only one slightly memorable fight scene, which is pretty bad considering it's a kung fu show.

Heh , it's pretty good tbh with just little boring scenes unlike DD.

2 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Heh , it's pretty good tbh with just little boring scenes unlike DD.

What about it is good? Please elaborate more. DD was excellent all around, with very few "bad" episodes.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

What about it is good? Please elaborate more. DD was excellent all around, with very few "bad" episodes.

Nah DD was good I just didn't like the long talks. I'm the type of guy that likes more action. Unless they're really imprtant things.

I found it funny that DD was all righteous about killing people.  He ran around knocking people out viciously with metal sticks... like that does not do some serious brain damage.

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I found it funny that DD was all righteous about killing people.  He ran around knocking people out viciously with metal sticks... like that does not do some serious brain damage.

It's not about the fact that yes, he likely caused life long pain and injury to some of those people, but rather, about him coming to terms with what he has to do, and how he keeps his humanity.

Everyone has a moral line they won't cross. Some people will put that line at "not killing innocents", others will extend it to children, others to women and children, and others will not willingly kill at all.

Batman is another example, of someone who "traditionally" doesn't like killing. Same with Superman.

Though there are plenty of examples, especially in the older comics, of Batman killing the fuck out of people. Personally, I like the older, grizzled Batman who kills when necessary.

I personally don't prefer my "heroes" to be all self-righteous about not killing. I understand why DareDevil does it, but I honestly wish he'd just kill some fools, sometimes.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

It's not about the fact that yes, he likely caused life long pain and injury to some of those people, but rather, about him coming to terms with what he has to do, and how he keeps his humanity.

Everyone has a moral line they won't cross. Some people will put that line at "not killing innocents", others will extend it to children, others to women and children, and others will not willingly kill at all.

Batman is another example, of someone who "traditionally" doesn't like killing. Same with Superman.

Though there are plenty of examples, especially in the older comics, of Batman killing the fuck out of people. Personally, I like the older, grizzled Batman who kills when necessary.

I personally don't prefer my "heroes" to be all self-righteous about not killing. I understand why DareDevil does it, but I honestly wish he'd just kill some fools, sometimes.

Superman is superhuman, he can do what he does 99% of the time and not have to do harm.

Regular humans running around dangerous people are going to have to decide that their lives are "worth" more at some point. 

I just had a hard time differentiating DD from the Punisher in regard to their methods.  Punisher's mindset just seems more realistic, when you take their chosen line of work into account.

I would actually say that it is pretty decent. I don't think it deserves all th hate that it is getting, I actually think a lot of the hate is mainly because it doesn't remind more of DD and Ofc a lot of the scenes are a bit generic, but that is to be expected. I would give the show a 7/10.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think I'll just wait for Daredevil season 3. I mean, these are one of the best fight scenes I've seen.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

because it doesn't remind more of DD and Ofc a lot of the scenes are a bit generic

Jessica Jones didn't remind me so much of DD but it's still good

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You think he should've killed Fisk in season 1?

34 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

You think he should've killed Fisk in season 1?

If this were reality? Yes. But Fisk is too good a villain to let him die so early in the series. That's a villain you want to milk for at least a couple seasons.

In particular, I enjoy "character arcs" in which a protagonist that refuses to kill is forced to do so for the greater good (to save an innocent/friend, or to prevent a bad guy from continuing to do harm, etc).

Just now, dalekphalm said:

n particular, I enjoy "character arcs" in which a protagonist that refuses to kill is forced to do so for the greater good (to save an innocent/friend, or to prevent a bad guy from continuing to do harm, etc).

Yeah. DD attempted to kill Nobu in season 2 but it was actually Stick who did it by decapitation. I'm excited what will happen to Elektra Natchios in season 3. 

I came here thinking this was about the Iron Fist from warhammer 40k. Still not disappointed. Haven't watched but will check it out.

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

I binged all of Iron fist, not as good as the other defenders shows. (Best Jessica Jones, then Daredevil, then Luke Cage, Then Iron Fist)

Iron Fist is by no means a Bad show. The fight scenes involving Danny are not as good as the fight scenes in the other shows. If you want good fight scenes, watch Daredevil. It is DEFINITELY the slowest build up of any of the Netflix MCU shows. pics up  for the second half of the show. The lines do not flow as well as the others in the series, but it is still enjoyable. 

5 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think I'll just wait for Daredevil season 3. I mean, these are one of the best fight scenes I've seen

Jessica Jones didn't remind me so much of DD but it's still good

I am personally not a fan of the way Netflix chose to being DD to life, I think a lot of the episodes are painfully slow. Jessica is a lot closer to DD than IF is.

I am in general not a huge fan of how Netflix portray superhero's.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I am personally not a fan of the way Netflix chose to being DD to life, I think a lot of the episodes are painfully slow. Jessica is a lot closer to DD than IF is.

I am in general not a huge fan of how Netflix portray superhero's.

Would you prefer Daredevil movie starring Ben Affleck? That's worse. 

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Would you prefer Daredevil movie starring Ben Affleck? That's worse. 

nope, I don't like that either. I like the comic books and I don't think there is a movie or show that does them justice. Netflix managed to drag out the action and make the build ups really long. The movie was just fucked up.

I am in general not a fan of slow shows.