AMD RX 480 VS new RX Vega?

Apache Protocol

Last month i finally purchase a ASUS RX 480 STRIX OC for a very good deal at Taiwan for Around $200 did i purchase to late or is the 480 a Good card for now for until i need it really? i only plan on playing 1080p but still did i decided quickly or not?...

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

Lol you should be fine.  The 480 can even handle a bit of 1440p if you turn down the settings.

Vega looks like a premium product, competitive with the Titan/1080/1080 ti

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Lol you should be fine.  The 480 can even handle a bit of 1440p if you turn down the settings.

That will be interesting to see.

Just now, FroHD said:

That will be interesting to see.

I was reading a tech insider article, according to it VEGA may have 16gb of HBM2 RAM that is on par with GDDR5X

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

i hope so cause i only purchase it for playing BF1 cause my EVGA GTX 950 FTW was killing it for me. 

GAMING RIG

5 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

i hope so cause i only purchase it for playing BF1 cause my EVGA GTX 950 FTW was killing it for me. 

You'll be fine then, though I may eat my words when the 580 comes out.  To be fair it's the same chip and you have a nice OEM cooler

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

You'll be fine then, though I may eat my words when the 580 comes out.  To be fair it's the same chip and you have a nice OEM cooler

yeah my 950 lasted for about 1 year and 6 months and i only purchase that card that time for $160, yeah i gonna hate my self if the RX 580 is going to be better if the price is right but for now imma make this card do its job i just need to purchase my 1440p FreeSync Technology. this one will cost $400 after that imma save up to change my MATX to and ITX Ryzen + RX Combo.

GAMING RIG

1 minute ago, Apache Protocol said:

yeah my 950 lasted for about 1 year and 6 months and i only purchase that card that time for $160, yeah i gonna hate my self if the RX 580 is going to be better if the price is right but for now imma make this card do its job i just need to purchase my 1440p FreeSync Technology. this one will cost $400 after that imma save up to change my MATX to and ITX Ryzen + RX Combo.

Sounds beast, after that snag a VEGA GPU and you have what AMD fanboys have been dreaming about for years - a top tier full AMD build :D

13 hours ago, Damascus said:

I was reading a tech insider article, according to it VEGA may have 16gb of HBM2 RAM that is on par with GDDR5X

Could you PM me the link to it? Sounds interesting.